₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ 11

What was inside shocked you in a way that was hard to describe. 

     At first, your brain couldn't exactly comprehend what you were looking at - a mix of rotting yellow-green and slightly more preserved brown-ish. 

     Then you separated them and studied each detail. 

     They were suits - or, they seemed more like suits than anything else. Their anatomy looked the same, despite the color difference; they were hanging neatly up in the small space. 

     You soon realized something was missing and turned to Vincent. 

     "Their heads. Where are their heads?" You asked. 

     "Ah," Vincent nodded. 

     He reached toward the top surface of the closet, and you soon realized that there was a dusty old sheet covering two heaps resting there. You bit your lip in anticipation. In a brief motion, Vincent yanked the sheet off of the animal heads. 

     Your eyes widened as you stared at the new sight. One head was that of a frayed yellow rabbit; the other belonged to a brown bear with a purple top hat. 

     He looks a lot like Freddy. You thought. But brighter. It seemed so familiar to you, so friendly.

     And then it hit you. 

     No wonder Freddy's had always seemed fake. No wonder you always hated it. It had replaced the one thing you loved most - Fredbear's Family Diner. 

     "Fredbear!" You gasped out loud. "Holy shit, I remember these! Oh my god, I used to love Fredbear's!" 

     Vincent chuckled, and you jumped a little; you had almost forgotten he was there. 

     "A nostalgia trip sounds fun, love, but I still have to tell you something." 

     You ripped your eyes away from the dusty old head to meet Vincent's grayish eyes. To your surprise, you needed to take a step back. He was a lot closer than you had anticipated.

     You soon noticed that his hand had been straying to wrap around your waist. 

     The fucker thought I was gonna mess with the suits and was preparing to hold me back. After that lecture? What does he take me for, an idiot? 

     You rolled your eyes out of his view as he continued. 

     "I know how to work these costumes, Y/N, which means I also know how dangerous they are."

     Ok, you can stop reminding me, I get it...? 

     "Because I've had to endure the springlocks." 

     You looked back up in awe. 

     "Huh?" You asked unintelligibly. "But, you'd be dead... right?" 

     Vincent shrugged like it was nothing. 

     "Got lucky, I suppose." He laughed. 

     "Nuh-uh, 'got lucky' my ass, are you fucking with me?" 

     Suddenly, to your surprise, Vincent leaned down to look at you, a smug grin pulling at his lips. You backed yourself against the maintenance shelf. He tugged gently at his own purple collar with two fingers, and you gasped.

     Yeah, he wasn't fucking with you. 

     Crescent-shaped scars etched deep into his flesh trailed up his neck. 

     How the hell didn't I notice these before? They've been there the whole time, and I just blanked them? How is that possible? The mind sees what it wants to, I guess...? 

     You slowly met Vincent's piercing eyes and breathed: 

     "Shit..." 

     The man chuckled and stood straight before taking a couple of steps away. 

     "You know, you really should stop swearing so often." He mused. 

     "Yeah? Don't call me 'love' for a week and tell me you wouldn't be going through withdrawal, jackass." 

     You crossed your arms, pissed at him for being so cunning. It was like he knew exactly the right ways to play with your emotions. 

     All Vincent did was chuckle. 

     "I couldn't keep it up that long, and you know it, love. Maybe I'm just not that strong." 

     You were almost taken aback by his answer. Was he... agreeing with you? No, accepting defeat - for once? You thought so, but only for a second. 

     "I can tell you like it, though." 

     "I-" 

     "I bet it makes you weak in the knees." He whispered the last part. 

     "Weak in the-" Your face heated up.

     And with that, Vincent took your distraction as an opportunity. He kicked your knee in from behind, making your legs buckle beneath you. You fell unwillingly to the floor. 

     "Ow! What the fuck, Afton?" 

     But he was already on his way out. 

     "Get the hell back here!" He opened the door, and you knew he wouldn't oblige. 

     "Fuck you!" You shouted with finality. It clicked closed, and you heard amused chuckling from the other side.

     You got to your feet and considered following him out, but you took a second. 

     "God, he's awful. Why is he being so much of a teasing bastard today?" You muttered. 

     He pissed you off, but in a way you knew you would get over and still like him afterward. 

     A sigh escaped your lips as you dusted yourself off. Your eyes wandered up to meet Fredbear's dead gaze one more time. And with that, you exited the cramped storage room.

(This whole ass chapter was written at 4 A.M. so uhhh sorry it's short. I just reread it and I feel like it's shit but hopefully you guys liked it! The next chapter will be good I promise!)