₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ 13

"And- and then he... he told me I had to... to pack my things and l- l- leave!" You finished, wiping some of your tears away with the back of your hand as if that'd stop them from falling.

     Nicole patted your back. 

     "I'm so sorry, Y/N," She sighed. "I wish you could live with me. Seriously, I feel so bad that I can't give you a place to stay." 

     Your body shook with sobs but you tried to contain yourself. 

     "N- no, it's ok... I know you have a... a roommate already; th- there's nothing you can do..."

     You inwardly cursed at yourself for acting like this. No matter how determined your attempts were to clean yourself up and stop crying, you just couldn't. Tears kept pouring out. 

     You put your head in your hands and rested your elbows on top of your thighs. 

     Through your crying, you heard the muted sound of the door to the staff room opening. Nicole stood up protectively and whirled around to face the person coming in. 

     You held your breath. 

     "Hey, Nikk-" 

     "Out!" 

     "Damn, why so aggressive?" 

     "Get. Out." 

     "Ok, ok!" 

     The door slammed closed and you looked up. 

     "Fucking Anthony." The two of you uttered in unison. 

     A tear-choked chuckle escaped your lips as Nicole sat back next to you. 

     "So... anyway... Are you sure there's nothing you can do? Can't you just live with your parents?"

     You sighed. You made eye contact with your friend, who, in your vision, was quite blurry. 

     "No. I can't tell them. And besides," You sighed. "That's pathetic."

     Nicole let out a slightly pained laugh. 

     "Well, I'm sure it'd be ok." You pursed your lips. "But if you're not comfortable with it, then we can work out something else. Oh, I already have an idea!" 

     You glanced at her as she clasped her hands together happily. 

     "You talk to Vincent! I'm sure he can help you." Your heart sank. 

     "I don't want to talk to Vincent," You complained. 

     Nicole patted your shoulder. 

     "Why not?" She asked. 

     You stood up before sighing. 

     "I don't know. He's intimidating, and... I guess I just feel really... not ok... right now, Nikki." 

     It brought you some sort of relief to know that you could speak clearly again. You could have smiled. 

     Nicole soon stood up next to you. 

     "You have to. It's your last hope, come on." 

     You hesitated. But then a deep, exhausted sigh escaped your lips. 

     "Ok, fine..."

     You took a deep breath at the door. The little "AFTON" sign filled your vision as you held a hand over your heart.