₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ 14

You closed your car door behind you, staring up in awe at the large house. It wasn't super expensive - you could tell - but it was pretty impressive for a man who lived alone. You at least assumed he lived alone, because... How would his family react if he brought a stranger to the household to live there?

     Vincent's home was two stories high, and had a neatly cut lawn in front. It was much better than what you could do, but that wouldn't have mattered; you were just grateful to have a place to stay in the first place. 

     Suddenly, you heard Vincent's car beep as he locked it, and you came to your senses before rushing to do the same. You pressed the little button on your keychain and heard the car click and beep in return. 

     Vincent strode toward you, and you met his eyes as he approached. 

     "Follow me," He grinned. 

     You smiled back and obliged; the two of you soon stopped at the door. He unlocked it, and it creaked open. 

     "Woah..." You muttered, taking a step in without waiting for permission to do so. 

     Inside was much more welcoming than you had expected it to be. There was a corner couch in the hardwood floor livingroom, along with a glass coffee table and a television. The kitchen was just that... a kitchen. You noticed a staircase leading up but decided not to mess with it for now. That'd come later. 

     Vincent made his way in around you, not saying anything at first so you could at least get a decent look around. But soon he spoke anyway. 

     "I don't live in a mansion, love." 

     You were quick to respond. 

     "Well, that comes as a surprise to me. Anyway, you have a corner couch?" You didn't wait for his response and rushed into the living room to sit down on the plush cushions. You chuckled, letting yourself drown in the throw pillows. 

     "Someone's certainly making themself at home." Vincent mused as he made his way towards you. He held out a hand to you, who was starting to feel a little suffocated. You took it gratefully.

     "You have to unpack." 

     He gently pulled you up out of the scattered pillows, and you breathed deeply. 

     "Right." 

     You straightened out your clothing and walked to the door, taking note of the fact that Vincent was following behind you. Good, he's gonna help me. 

     You walked back out into the slowly fading sun and approached your car. 

     "Ok, I have some of the stuff in the trunk and some in the back seat." 

     The car clicked and beeped as you pressed the button, unlocking the doors. You walked over to the driver's door to press the button that opened the trunk while Vincent started to gently poke around through your belongings, trying to see what he could carry. 

     The two of you were losing daylight already; you knew that you may be working in the dark soon. 

     So you walked back to the trunk and said: 

     "Let's just get some of the main stuff I need. We can get the rest tomorrow." Vincent nodded to show he had heard and started grabbing things; you did the same. 

     Tedious as it was to unpack, you were overjoyed. You smiled to yourself and continued to take the boxes.