{Chapter Fifty~One}

2nd April, '82

Your P.O.V

I had a half day at work today, that meant I got off work at 12pm. 

I didn't have much planned, with the guys on tour I was left with not much to do. Usually if I had a half day, Nikki would come over and we would either stay in or go for a walk with Gunner.

So, as I had nothing else to do, I was going to ask my friend, Taylor, if she wanted to come over. 

I hadn't seen her since one of the guys first shows so it has been a long, long time. Too long.

After getting showered and ready, I made my way over to the phone and picked it up out of it's cradle.

I dialed Taylor's number and waited, wrapping the cord around my fingers.

'Hello?'

'Hi, Taylor. It's me, Y/N. The guys are on a tour of America right now, so how would you feel about a girls night in?'

'You know what, that sounds fucking amazing right now. We have a lot we need to catch up on.'

'Sounds good, you want me to come pick you up and we can go to the mall?'

'Yeah. What time will you be here for?'

'2:15?'

'Sounds like a plan.'

'Alright, see you in about half an hour.'

I smiled, placing the phone back into it's cradle and headed back to the bathroom to finish getting ready.

~

'So, he broke up with you because you were ''not spending enough time'' with him?' I had a shocked expression cast on my face, eyebrows raised.

'Uh-huh. How fucking petty, right?' Taylor chuckled lowly, shaking her head. A look of disbelief evident on her pretty face.

'What a dick. Sounds like a pretty boy with his head shoved too far up his ass and goes crying back for mummy when he needs something,' I laughed out loud, why are some guys so ridiculous? Something we will never know. They're a whole new species.

'Pretty much. You just described him to a t,' Taylor laughed, sipping her coke.

'Good at these things,' I dramatically flipped my hair over my shoulder, a fake smile on my face.

'God, I've missed you,' Taylor's smile fell slightly, a look of hurt in her hazel eyes.

'I've missed you too. But, we are making it a top priority to get back on track and see each other more often. While the guys are away on tour you may as well temporarily move in,' I chuckled, pushing my empty plate out the way.

'You know, that could work. My apartment is shitty anyway and I don't have a controlling boyfriend to contend with anymore,' she beamed, her smile making an appearance again.

'Well, looks like you're gonna be my roommate for the rest of the year,' I had a toothy grin on my face and raised my coke up in the air.

Taylor raised her glass of coke too, we both clinked it and took a sip.

'Clothes shopping?' Taylor smirked.

'Clothes shopping,' I repeated, gulping down the last of my coke and placing the money on the table.

~

Me and Taylor spent hours at the mall, we had eaten out so we were absolutely stuffed, and we brought a whole new bloody wardrobes worth of clothes.

It was now 6pm and we had gotten back to mine at around 5:30pm. We were home late as after we left the mall, we went straight back to Taylor's apartment to pack her things.

As of right now, we were sat down on the sofa, each wrapped in blankets, having a rather deep conversation.

We caught up on absolutely everything. It ranged from how her and her now ex-boyfriend met, Gunner's illness, things we've both been doing that was worth talking about really.

All I can say is, I've missed my only other best friend.