birthday.

today was october 5th, atsumu's birthday. no one showed up except kiyoomi and the other twin, so the 3 celebrated together in atsumu's hospital room. 

on another note, atsumu had started getting weaker and began forgetting more. sakusa was quick to take notice to this, and he felt like he was paying more attention to it than miya actually was. he would never admit it, but seeing him in this condition scared him to death. the blonde had even forgotten his own birthday until he and osamu showed up with a cake.

kiyoomi was snapped out of his thoughts by the sound of the twins arguing. 

"atsumu, let me at least cut it, if you do it you'll hurt yourself." osamu held the knife away from his brother, using his other hand to keep him back. that action only made the other more upset. 

"im the older twin, let me cut it, birds for brains!" 

"bird for brains? you're one to talk. it doesn't matter if you're older, you're still more clumsy then i am"

"i wanna to cut it! you cut it last year and the year before!" 

sakusa pinched the bridge of his nose, annoyed. he didn't understand how someone could argue over something so dumb. "how about osamu cuts it and you get the first slice? does that sound okay?" he watched as atsumu completely froze, turning his attention to kiyoomi. "i think that sounds great actually" he shot a glare at osamu before sitting criss-crossed on the bed across from his brother, who began cutting the small cake. 

---

"oh! omi-omi!" atsumu shouted, causing sakusa to jump. "what?" he glared, he hated when he scared him like that. "remember when you helped me with that uh..that letter, i think it was? well, mama said that 'samu read it more then once, and he keeps it on his dresser." atsumu let out a light chuckle, a smile creeping onto his lips. "i thought he'd throw it away, but he didn't. how sweet is that, huh?" kiyoomi just nodded in response and looked at osamu, who was obviously about to speak. 'not again-' sakusa knew what was coming.

"i don't see why you look so proud of yourself. the only reason i read it more than once was because there were so many spelling errors it made it hard to read."

"i didn't have that many so stop exaggerating, would you? it's giving me a headache."

"you know what gives me headache? just thinking about the fact that you can't spell 'impossible.' its spelled i-m-p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e, not i-m-p-o-s-a-b-l-e."

"oh shut yer trap!" 

when the twins finished arguing, the three joked around and spent the next few hours together, since they all needed the company. the first to part ways with the others was osamu, who complained that he had promised to make dinner for the rest of their family, leaving kiyoomi and atsumu together. 

"what time are you leaving?" since there was more room on the bed, miya scooted over and pulled the blanket over himself. and now that sakusa was getting a better view of him, it was obvious how weak he was. he cleared his throat. "i'll stay until you fall asleep, i want to make sure you get at least a little rest. you really need it." atsumu nodded and turned onto his side to face the wall, closing his eyes. even though he didn't want to, kiyoomi couldn't help but stare at his sickly appearance. he was pale, thin, shivering, and had large dark circles under his eyes. he stayed with his friend until he finally saw the slow rise and fall of the blondes chest, indicating that he had fallen asleep. 

sakusa grabbed his phone and began making his way to the door, pulling it open and looking over his shoulder before he left. "thank you for today, i actually had fun." he knew very well that atsumu couldn't hear him, but he also didn't care.

"oh, and happy birthday."