Chapter 2: Make a Plan

Hello again! thank you for continuing the story!

Finding Annabeth was easy enough. Just follow the yelling.

"Leo Valdez! You are late for the third year in a row! For what, so you don't have to clean? Well, guess what buddy! I reserved the whole fucking dining hall just for you! And you didn't clean your cabin at the end of last year so you have that too! Have fun tonight with your cleaning!"

When Annabeth was done, she spotted Nico. Her eyes widened.

"Leo, this is Nico. The new purple cabin counselor."

Leo gave a little wave and used the opportunity to run into the red cabin.

"You better clean in there you little shit!" Annabeth called after him.

Nico started to walk towards Annabeth but Percy intercepted.

"Hey, hey babe." He spoke quietly to Annabeth. "At least he's here, right. Calm down. Shh, shh. No swearing at camp, remember?"

Annabeth closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Yeah, okay. I'm good, thanks." She gave him a quick kiss and strode over to Nico.

"Looking for your next job?" She asked.

Nico nodded in response.

Annabeth hummed and checked a list. "Could you organize the storage shed?"

Nico nodded again and walked out of the dining hall.

He heard footsteps behind him and Percy suddenly appeared by his side.

"How's cleaning day goin'?" He asked

Nico looked over at him. He didn't want to tell Percy about his crush, but Percy was the closest he had to a best friend.

"I am going to tell you something, promise not to tell anyone else. Please." Nico pleaded

"Yeah, okay. What is it?"

"Okay, I know we don't usually talk about this stuff, but I feel like I can tell you."

"Yeah, okay. I'm waiting."

"You know I'm gay," Nico asked. Percy nodded his response. "And Will is really hot, and I might have a small crush on him already."

Percy's face went blank. Then he smiled. "Oh, my, god. You and Will would be so cute together!" He screeched like a Pterodactyl and shook Nico's shoulders.

"Percy! Stop shaking me!" Nico screamed back. He kicked Percy in the shins and was released from his hold.

"Percy, do not, and I mean that, tell anyone about this."

Nico glared at Percy with a look that said, "I will cut you". Percy took a step back and put his hands in the air, "Fine, I won't tell anyone." He paused and smirked. "If, you tell me what you like about him!"

They had reached the storage shed at this point. "I'm supposed to clean the kayaks, but it seems like you need more help." Percy winked at Nico and opened the shed door.

Three hours and a bunch of awkward conversation later, the boys had not only made the shed shiny and organized but had come up with a plan.

Percy was going to talk Annabeth into rescheduling jobs, so Nico and Will could go shopping together.

"Well, I was going to make Leo go as another punishment, but that wouldn't do us any good. Leo would buy more candy and games than food anyway." Annabeth said, writing Nico and Will's name next to shopping.

"They can go tomorrow," Annabeth told Percy. "Right now it's counselor campfire time!"

The seven counselors gathered around the campfire and while Leo started the fire.

The group talked about themselves and how their years had gone. They talked about the campers and how they are supposed to have way more than the past few years.

"Usually there are five kids in each cabin," Grover explained. "This year there is going to be more like seven. Have fun with your first year!"

The group laughed throughout the night, talking about everything and nothing. When the fire stopped, they all headed to their cabins to go to sleep.

"Hey, Nico!" Will called after the dark-haired boy.

Nico turned and slowed down so Will could catch up.

"What's up?" Nico said

"Nothing, just wondering how your first day went," Will said

Nico paused, thinking. " It was fine I guess. I got a lot done."

Will slug an arm around Nico's shoulders. Nico tensed but didn't move away.

"We're shopping together tomorrow!" Will said sounding excited.

"Really? That's cool." Nico said with a hint of amusement in his voice.

Will took his arm off Nico's shoulders and headed to his cabin. "Goodnight!" Nico called after him. Will turned and waved. "G'night" he answered.

Nico turned around and smiled to himself. Walking into his cabin and flopping down on his bed, he fell asleep with the thought of Will's arm around his shoulders.

Thanks a bunch for reading!