Chapter 4: The Kids Arrive

Hello and Thank you!!

Nico hid in his cabin for the night.

Will came multiple times and tried to talk, but Nico locked himself in.

Percy and Annabeth came by too. They tried to get him out to the campfire, but that didn't work either.

Nico had put in earbuds and blasted music, blocking out the deafening silence around him.

He fell asleep with the music playing, but that didn't last long. At two in the morning, he woke up and heard a soft noise outside. Instead of staying inside as he had promised himself, he decided to check it out.

Walking outside, he saw the fire still lit. One person sat alone by the fire. Will.

He was looking up at the stars with a guitar in his arms. Slowly strumming and singing, he got into a rhythm.

Recognizing the song, Nico stepped forward.

Careful to stay in the shadows, Nico listened to the blonde boy sing.

Nico was still upset, but if he was going to spend the summer here, better fix this before the kids come.

"Hey," Nico said, walking out of the shadows.

Will stopped strumming abruptly.

"Oh, um, hi."

Nico sat across for him on the log bench.

There was a short silence before Will started talking.

"Look, I'm sorry if I offended you earlier. I'm not homophobic, Grover's pan, Percy's bi, hell, I'm fucking gay too!"

Nico sat there in awe, staring at the boy as he continued talking.

"I just, I was having fun. I don't know how to talk to you about it and didn't want to freak you out. I'm sorry."

Nico paused. Looking for emotion on Will's face.

All he saw was regret. And lots of it.

"Will," Nico paused and took a breath. "I should have let you have a chance to explain. I overreacted. I should be the one apologizing."

The boys looked at each other for a while. The awkward silence was killing Will, so he started to play his guitar.

Nico got up and sat down next to Will. Will turned his head to look at him, not stopping playing the guitar.

"You're forgiven. Am I?" He whispered, just loud enough for Will to hear.

There was a pause. Then, "Yes."

Nico looked up into Will's bright blue eyes.

Their gazes locked and the boys started to move closer. Their lips inches apart.

They were then interrupted by a loud bang!

Jumping apart and looking around, They spotted a raccoon that knocked over a sign.

The boys fixed it and went back to the fire.

"I'm gonna head off, the kids come tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep, right?" Nico said.

Will agreed. They put out the fire and went back to their cabins.

The next day, Annabeth woke them all up bright and early. Five o'clock in the morning early.

Groaning, the counselor got up and headed to the dining hall.

"All right guys, it's the big day!" Annabeth said. Gesturing behind her she introduced two new people.