𝒙𝒊. pain demands to be felt

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ
[ xi. eleven ! ]
❛ ᴘᴀɪɴ ᴅᴇᴍᴀɴᴅs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ғᴇʟᴛ ❜

          "THE GAME IS SIMPLE," Four started, dumping a few black bags on the train floor, Tara's eyes drifted cautiously to them like moths to a flame

          "THE GAME IS SIMPLE," Four started, dumping a few black bags on the train floor, Tara's eyes drifted cautiously to them like moths to a flame. "It's like capture the flag."

Eric bent down and unravelled the black fabric, revealing pathetic looking 'weapons' painted in red steel. Her eyebrows arched, disappointment evident on her features as she sent the blonde next to her a side glance. Edward shrugged at her look, whilst Eric lifted one of the rifles into the air and showed everyone. "Weapon of choice."

Tara had apparently not been the only one to frown at the appearance of the rifle, Molly who stood beside her had rolled her eyes and looked at Drew. "You call that a gun?" she taunted, a sickening smile on her lips.

About three milliseconds passed before Eric had loaded the weapon, aimed it at Molly and shot her in the thigh, sending the girl into the train wall abruptly. A painful cry escaped her lips as she threw her hands up and fell to the floor, Drew quick at her side but she swatted him away with a harsh look. That was embarrassing enough, she thought.

Tara did not even try to cover her laughter, a foreign sound escaping her lips as she bent over slightly, her hand placed on her stomach. Edward noticed the looks everyone was giving her and panicked, elbowing her in the ribs. She grimaced and in return she crushed his toes under her heel, causing the boy to suck air through his teeth harshly. Her cheeks heated up from trying to cool down her laughter, a failed attempt as she burst out in a chuckle after a few seconds of silence.

Eric took a step forward and ripped the projectile from Molly's leg, choosing to ignore the laughing brunette. "Neurostim dart," he declared, showing it to everyone. "Simulates the pain of a real gunshot wound, but it only lasts a couple of minutes."

In a situation like this, when silence fell over the teenagers, it would be wrong to assume that they were not scared. The air in the train cart felt thick, like honey dripping slowly. Eric shifted his weight on his feet and took their pale faces and parted lips as his queue to continue talking. "Two teams!" he said almost excitingly, like he wanted to shoot teenagers for fun. "Four and I are captains."

"You pick first," the brunette said, cocking his head almost tauntingly.

Eric arched a brow, challenge accepted. "Okay..." His eyes stared into the wall in front of him, as if he already knew exactly who we wanted to pick. He did, it had been on his mind all day. Out of his own spite, and out of spite for his fellow Leader, who always seemed to get what he wanted. Eric's mouth twisted into a patriotic smile as the name was called. "Tara."