Ch. 2

Maia POV:

I watch speechless as he takes a couple of steps forward. He is gorgeous with his black hair and silver eyes. He is tall. Like 6'8 tall. He practically towers over my 5'7 form. He is lean and muscular. He has very defined and sharp facial features that look like they could cut a diamond. He really is gorgeous. It should be illegal to be that handsome!! He is looking at me so intensely. I feel so nervous under his gaze. "I've been looking for you a long time my little mate." His voice is so deep and calming that it took me a minute to comprehend what he said. I don't want to leave him. I want more than anything to run into his arms and never let go. But that can't happen. Not with who I am. "Well I am sorry to disappoint but you're gonna have to wait a lot longer," I said, using all of my courage to say it and not run up to him. He growled at that. In a flash he had me pinned against the wall with my hands above my head. "Where do you think you're going little mate" he whispered against my ear. I just wanted to moan in contentment from the sparks from his touch and breath against my face. But alas it can't happen no matter how much I want it to. I flipped out positions so it was my holding him against the wall. "I'm dangerous. If I stay, you'll end up dead or with a target on your back. So we are going to pretend we never met and go our separate ways. Besides, I don't need a weakness." I looked him right in the eye when I said that. I could see the disapproval in his eye. Then I flipped us back to our original position. "No" was all he said. "Excuse me." "I just found you. I am never going to let you go." I felt butterflies from his words but quickly dismissed the feeling. I pulled my arms from his grasp and pushed his chest against the wall. I leaned in close. So close that I could kiss him. "Would you hurt for me?" I say. Dragging my nose down his neck, I felt him shiver in delight which made me internally smirk. "Would you die for me?" I start lightly kissing his neck with one hand holding his hands back and the other trailing down his chest. I hear him groan the please which made my internal smirk grow. "Would you kill for me?" I start sucking on his neck and run my hand down his chest still. "Would you love me?" I ask. He seemed to break from his little chance as he flipped us on again and with one hand holding my hands above my head and the other around my waist. He leaned down close to my face and I sucked in my breath. "I would hurt for you," he said. Running his nose down my neck he said "I would die for you." He started kissing my neck and I sighed in pleasure. "I would kill for you." He started sucking and biting at my neck. I couldn't help the moan that escaped me. I felt him smirk at this. He pulled away and I wanted to whimper from the loss of contact. "I would love you" was all he said before he kissed me passionately on the lips.

I immediately kissed him back and he deepened the kiss. I knew I shouldn't but I couldn't help myself. I wrapped my long legs around his waist. I licked his lips asking for entrance, but instead, he shoved his tongue in my mouth exploring everything like his life depended on it. I fought for dominance but soon gave up. I moved my hands up and started tugging at his hair earning a growl from him. I broke the kiss gasping for air but he didn't want to stop. He kissed, sucked, and bit his way down my neck. I tightened my hold on him with my legs pulling him even closer. He found my sweet spot and attacked there with his mouth. It was impossible to hold in the moans that came out. This seemed to only excite him as I felt him rub against me. He kissed my neck harder until I felt something sharp rub against my neck but I was too much in a daze to realize what it was. I registered what was happening before it was too late. I felt his canines against my sweet spot, I quickly pushed him off me roughly. I pushed him off before his canines could puncture my skin. I can't believe it. He was about to mark me. Mark me as his.

To say I was furious would be an understatement. I quickly stepped away from him. He looked confused before came a face of realization. "I'm so sorry. I lost control. I didn't mean to try to mark you, I swear! It was an accident!!" THIS FUCKING ASSHOLE!!! There's a lot I want to say to this jerk but I can't go full-on raging bitch mode because I might lose control and nobody wants to see that. Trust me, it can get really messy. "OH REALLY!! Don't you DARE say it was an accident. Tell me, how do you go about 'accidentally' trying to mark someone?" I yelled. "Please believe me. I am so sorry. I lost control I know you won't forgive me. At least not yet. But I didn't mean to hurt you. I just got caught up in the moment. Please don't leave me!" He seemed sorry. But he's still not off the hook. I took a couple of deep breaths before answering. "You do seem sorry for almost marking me but there's no good excuse so you're definitely not off the hook." Relief washed over his features. I hope I won't regret this. "My name is Darius." I nodded "I'm May." I just gave him one of my nicknames and not an alias since he is my mate and marked me as his. Please don't make me regret this I thought to myself.

"Hey, do you want to go somewhere where we can talk.....about us?" It sounds like a good idea so why not. We have a lot to talk about. There is a lot of things we need to talk about. I still need to figure out if I can trust him or not. I don't know if I am going to reject him. Rejecting your mate is very serious and most people will die from it. Even if they don't, they'll never be the same. You can't just leave your mate because of the mate bond, it will make it nearly impossible. I want to talk with him somewhere will I will feel comfortable and I will have an advantage there. I do have this little bunker kind've like a safe house nearby and I don't use it a lot so it won't be too much of a big deal if it gets compromised. "Sure. I have a bunker near here. Follow me." Oh, moon goddess help me.

................................................
Did you guys like it? Please let me know in the comments. I still need ideas. I have an idea of where I wanna take this book but I could still use help. Constructive criticism is always welcomed and appreciated. Any ideas/guesses on what Darius is?

How long do you want chapters to be? (this will determine when/how often I post chapters)