𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

"𝙄 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙩𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩."

IT WAS AN UNSPOKEN RULE BETWEEN THE BLACK SIBLINGS, that whenever Aurora takes the punishment or blame for whatever stupid thing the two of them did,  ( Sirius, mostly ) they would shut the hell up and lock themselves in their rooms.

So when the 1st of September came, Regulus and Sirius couldn't help but feel guilty as they helped their sister carry her trunk. She looked so lifeless yet she still managed to smile at them, a reassuring smile that said she was okay even though she wasn't.

The three Blacks sat in a compartment in the far end of the train, it was a ritual since Regulus started that they'd spend atleast an hour or two ( since the ride to london to hogsmeade village usually takes about 7 to 8 hours ) together before going to their respective compartments to meet their own friends.

Aurora was wide awake, despite the ache she had all throughout her body that kind of made her want to rest, she was so scared to close her eyes because everytime she would, the sight of her brothers all battered and bruised would enter her mind and she did not want to see that.

It scared her, terrified rather, to see both of her brothers lay on the floor in pain, to hear them scream in agony even if it was just in her imagination.

The nightmares started before their ( Sirius' and hers' ) first year, Regulus had broken an expensive vase that belonged to their mother and Walburga had a bitch fit, causing Sirius to interfere and be hit by one of their fathers' belt. She was sleeping peacefully when she heard Sirius' terrified screams, causing her to wake up and immediately rush downstairs only to see both of her brothers on the floor crying as their parents raised their wands at them.

Let's just say that the terrifying memory never left her mind, seeing as it was also the first time she'd been sent multiple crucio's her way when she shielded both of her brothers just in time before the spell hit them.

It was an endless nightmare, like a scary movie on a loop, so most nights she'd go to Madam Pomfrey for a vile of Dreamless Potion, or when she didn't want to bother the patron she would just go to the forbidden forest, wandering as a dog as it was her animagi form, running through the forest until the sun comes up. There were even times where when she simply just couldn't do neither ( What? the journey to the hospital wing and the forbidden forest were tiring. ) She'd find herself in the Marauders dorm laying beside Sirius, charming the ceiling with the star shower spell and the two of them would point out constellations in the sky just like when they were younger.

"I'm sorry." Sirius spoke, tears brimming his steel gray eyes as he looked down at his thighs, not wanting to look at his sister in shame.

The three of them were raised not to show any emotions as it was a sign of weakness, but if the eldest of them taught them anything, it was to never bottle their feelings up or they would only explode. Aurora taught them that they should never hide their feelings unless it was necessary, like when their parents were being exceptionally nasty.

"Shhh, it's alright. Don't say sorry." She spoke softly, raising her fingers to Sirius' jaw to lift them up, making him to look up at her.

"What you did was right Sirius, and you shouldn't say sorry for just for voicing out your opinions. They were just bitching about it and wanted to lash out on you which isn't right, so please, stop saying sorry." She explains, letting go of Sirius'  jaw as she took both of her brothers head and laid them on her shoulders.

"I love the both of you, always remember that."

"We love you too."

WHEN THE FEAST ENDED, Aurora was exhausted and ready to go to sleep, but she had duties to fulfill, and no―she wasn't a prefect, she had marauder duties to attend to which meant making sure Sirius' is safely tucked inside his bed, fixing James' yearly broken glasses as well as the other ones, checking up on Remus because they weren't there for his last transformation and also refilling his chocolate stash and lastly, accompanying Peter to the kitchens for a late night snack.

It was a duty she would gladly fulfill even if it drained her, just imagine walking inside a dorm owned by four boys who would only scream at you in excitement and hug the living daylights out of you.

She would do this every single day as if it was her routine ( with the exception of the hugging and screaming part, thank Merlin ) and the four of them were thankful for her actions, she was not just Sirius' sister, or their motherly figure that wasn't Minnie inside Hogwarts, she was also a sister and a Marauder. She was someone that would always have a special place in their hearts even if if she tells them they were being downright silly.

She loved them with all her heart, she gave them the love she hadn't been given growing up and still haven't received, and if you asked her why she was doing this? She was just thankful.

James, being the friendly yet annoying kid he was, was their first actual friend. They had met in their first year when he'd approached them with a genuine smile and asked them if he could sit with them in the train to Hogsmeade. All throughout the years he had helped Sirius embrace the gryffindor that he was even if he turned out to be quite infuriating. Aurora was glad to have James as her brother's best friend.

The trio soon met Remus and Peter when they tried to fit themselves in one of the boats that they didn't know was only fit for four people. At first, the two of them were quite shy as they didn't know how to make any friends ( neither of them knew how to except for Potter ) but when Aurora talked to them and actually conversed with them, a new friendship blossomed and there started the marauders.

Aurora didn't classify herself as a marauder, she was far too different from them. Outside their dorms she was a completely different person, a cold hearted bitch who would hex you to oblivion if you get in her way, and a way more nasty spell if you're a Slytherin.

When she arrived at the Marauders dorm, it was completely chaotic, James and Sirius were in their beds and their clothes strewn all over the floor as they were looking for something in their trunks, Remus shouting at them because they were being too messy while Peter was just being Peter, simply munching on the left over sweets he had bought from the trolley not caring about the mess his mates were.

It was as if time stopped for her, the boys stopping in whatever they were previously doing as they lunged at her for a hug, only Sirius staying at his place with a sympathetic look in his face.

"Aury!" The three of them exclaimed in unison as they tackled her in a hug, she winced with the sudden contact and glanced at Sirius for help.

"Oi you lot! My sister's going to die if you don't stop suffocating her!"

The day ended nicely for her, she had safely tucked Sirius unto his bed, repaired all James' glasses, refilled Remus' chocolates stash, and accompanied Peter to the kitchen near the hufflepuff common room where they ate all the cake they could.

She entered her dorm and was welcomed with the sight of her sleeping dorm mates, guilt washing over her as she didn't even have the time to catch up with them as she was busy with the boys, but she'd deal with the girls tomorrow.

She took the small vial from her bedside table, gulping the violet potion and immediately feeling the effects of the potion.

Aurora could now finally sleep in peace, because she was in Hogwarts, her home, a place where there were no threats to her brothers, a place where she wouldn't wake up with the sound of her screaming brothers being tortured, they were safe, and it was all that matters.