𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

"𝙬𝙝𝙮 𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙣'𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙜𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙮 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙮𝙚𝙩?"

AURORA WAS NOT AMUSED TO SEE HIS BROTHER so early in the morning snogging someone's face off. She wanted to gouge her eyes out, wash both eyeballs with holy water, and put them back. She even made Remus cover her eyes in panic, only realizing that it was him who needed covering when they were halfway near the door.

"Tell me Moony, why aren't you shagging my brother yet?" the grey eyed girl let out an exasperated sigh making Remus cover her mouth in hopes that no one had heard her.

"Can't you get any louder? I don't think Mcgonagall heard you from her office." Remus hushed, taking his hand off her mouth when she licked it, immediately wiping it clean with his robes.

Aurora loved teasing Remus about his undying love to his brother, to other it might seem weird but she was excited by it. She first found out about Remus' little crush when she found him staring at Sirius' a little too long when they were in the common room, Remus caught her staring and she raised her eyebrows in a teasing manner, causing him to blush profusely and they both talked about it the day after.

"I don't think she did Remy, do you want me to ask you again in the Great Hall? I'm sure Minnie and Dumbledore would like to hear why you━"

Let's just say she arrived at DADA a tad bit late when Remus left her on her own.

"Ms. Black, late again?" Professor Merrythought smiled, She was used to the girl arriving at her class extremely late but never gave her detentions or some sort, seeing as Aurora tops her class.

"I wouldn't be a Black if i wasn't late Professor." She replied cheekily, winking at the Professor and as if on cue, Sirius entered the room with a grinning James by his side.

The professor only sighed, making the three of them sit down by their usual seats in the middle, not bothering to even give them detention.

IT WAS THE FIRST FRIDAY OF THE MONTH, and the marauders along with the girls had a ritiual that started in their third year. They would drink the fire whiskey Sirius' had ilegally smuggled inside the castle until they were wasted and sneak downstairs to the common room where they would all sleep together.

"Evans, go out with me!" James yelled, making the entirety of the room cover their ears, already knowing what would happen next.

"I would never go out with you, you arrogant toerag!" Lily yelled back, annoyance lacing her voice.

"Come on now, Evans, Aury says you should never hate someone you love." He says slowly, his cheeks tinging pink when he mentioned her name. ( which one? )

"Aurora," The fiery red haired called her.

"Hmm?"

"Do you hate Potter?" She asked.

"With every bit of my soul." She replied grinning.

"So why do you hate someone you love?"

"Oh fuck off Evans."

The girls ━except Aurora, made a bet on how long it'll take her and James to date despite his constant nagging to her Lilyflower, it was even Lily who proposed the idea and the bet has been going on for quite a while now since it started during the end of their third year.

THE LOT OF THEM WERE IN THE COMMON ROOM, engaging in conversations their brains couldn't even comprehend due to their drunken state when James stood up from his seat.

"Where are you off to, Prongs?" Aurora asked as she shared a look between the intoxicated Remus and Sirius, ( pete was already sleeping so she didn't bother looking at him ) James looked sober enough but she didn't trust him that much to go wandering alone to Merlin knows where when he has alcohol in his system.

"for a walk, come with me?" The girl nodded, taking the hand he offered for her to take.

The two walked in comfortable silence for a good 10 minutes until Aurora couldn't take the deafening silence anymore, so she spoke, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah."

"James."

"No." He gave in and they both stopped walking when they realized they reached the seventh floor and infront of the plain wall where the room of requirement usually is.

James closed his eyes and imagined a place where the both of them could hang comfortably, he imagined a humongous bed for them to sleep on, a couch, and a fireplace infront.

The boy grinned when it worked, the door magically appearing and he led Aurora inside. He felt extremely warm and giddy ( or maybe it was the firewhiskey talking, he may never know ) just in the presence of his bestfriend.

"I think i should give up on Evans," He finally spoke, his head leaning against her shoulder as they lay in the couch cozily.

"Why?" Aurora asked, something must be terribly wrong with her bestfriend, she thought. Her hands ruffling through the brown curly mess his hair was.

"I've been pining over her the past four years and nothing seems to be working, she hates me." James sighed, tears pooling his eyes as he snuggled closely to Aurora for comfort.

"We don't know that for sure, she might just be annoyed at you."

"So you're telling me she might've been just annoyed at me for four consecutive years? that's ridiculous." He rolled his eyes. "You're the meanest person that i know Aurora, yet you can't stay mad at me for five whole minutes." James finished, looking at her during the last part which made her chuckle softly.

"Whatever you want to do, i'll be here to support you, Alright? I'm your bestfriend." It was a rare occurrence for Aurora to smile genuinely as she was only often seen with a sarcastic grin or sneer on her face, so when James saw the smile on her face, he couldn't help but admire it.

"I love you, you're the bestest best friend ever." He whispered, his eyes flicking unto her lips and her steel grey eyes.

"Don't say that ever again." Aurora shuddered.

"What? I love you?" He questioned, raising his brow.

"No prongs, I love you too, but the sound of you saying i'm your bestest best friend makes me want to drown myself in the black lake because of how cringey it was."