Raid the Village

Current Date: December 29, 1942

As the months went on, Athena began gradually opening up to people. Though she refused to talk about her past, she could be seen laughing and talking with almost all of the children. Her and Enoch hadn't been talking very much. Olive took that one day of his partial vulnerability to the extent of attaching herself to his hip. If you asked her about it though, she would simply respond with...

"Oh, he's just been super busy lately." Or Athena's personal favorite, "You can't tell anyone, but he's really going through something right now, so I'm just trying to be a good friend!" (smiling and skipping off back to his bedroom).

Every time Athena overheard this, she would gag at just the thought. She would get this burning feeling in the pit of her stomach causing her cheeks to flush red. She hated to feel this way, but she would hate it even more when others would notice. Hugh would sometimes tease her about it, but then Athena would bring up Fiona and the flustered boy would quickly shut up.

Speaking of Hugh, Athena and him had become very close, though, no one could really top the friendship she had with any of the boys in there little group. Ever since that day of soccer and sandwiches, she has never spent a moment away from them. They especially didn't mind when it came around to giving girl advice, but that was mainly just for Hugh. Athena and Victor had become the closest, sometimes even falling asleep in each other's room while doing some late night reading. Hugh and Millard would make comments, but the two would just laugh it off. Sure, Athena wasn't ready for a relationship, but the friendship was surely on track to become something someday, slowly but steadily.

Enoch however, hated the idea of Athena and Victor together, but was always stay away in fear he would say something stupid. The best friends would still talk, but they mostly stayed with their respected hobbies (Victor-->sports; Enoch-->making homunculi). What he despised even more than that however, was seeing Olive every. single. day. He had tried to say something on multiple occasions, but then he would look down and see Athena leaning on Victor, smothering him in jealousy as he had to let the cold realization wash over him. She had slipped through his grasp and into Victor's.

---------------- -----------------

Millard and Hugh had been discussing playing 'Raid the Village' for weeks before Victor had finally given in to them. After Dinner that night, the strong boy discussed it with Emma to get her input.

"Oh my goodness, we should totally do it tonight! Especially since Athena never has!"

Victor had to shush the excited girl as she squealed, practically jumping up and down.

"Ok but let's keep it a surprise. I know Miss Peregrine doesn't care and all, but I don't want to make a deal out of it in front of her."

Emma nodded her head in agreement before leading the two into the movie/living room.

Athena no longer sat by Enoch, but instead, across from him, leaning against Victor's legs as he played with her hair. Enoch would always send them the most hateful glares, but Athena would only send them back.

He doesn't even know her! He doesn't know that she's been around 300 years, or that she hasn't had feelings in 250! He doesn't know anything about her, so how can she be so comfortable around him?! God, just get them a room already!

Enoch would roll his at the end of his thinking, only to then receive on from Athena.

Why is she still looking at me? Ugh.. girls are too confusing!

------------------ ------------------

Once they were done with the movie and reset, Emma approached Miss Peregrine about going out. At first, the bird was hesitant, but she also knew that the kids needed some fun outside of their daily routine of chores and work.