Part 3

Gulf looked at him, smiled and extended his right arm. "Come, sit, the movie will start." Mew accepted the invitation and sat next to his man.

"A walk to remember?" Asked Mew as he looked at the screen. 

"Hmm, you know this is my favorite movie. Remember when we discovered it at the school library and watch it over and over again?" Gulf asked Mew with a bright smile on his face as if he had traveled back in time.

"Yes, I do, I also remember you were the one who 'forced' me to watch it with you because you needed a crying buddy." Mew still remembers how fascinating Gulf was about Jamie and Landon's love story. Gulf calls it a modern version of Romeo and Juliet. The Montague and Capulet loathing for each other was now replaced by time and circumstances since Jamie was running out of time. 

Coming back to the present, Mew is still curious about what he is seeing, "Gulf?" Mew said.  "Ah?" Gulf replied, not even taking his eyes away from the screen.                                                        "Are you still mad at me?" Mew held his breath waiting for Gulf's reply.

Gulf paused the movie, grabbed a bag of chips and placed it in front of Mew's mouth. "Open up," Gulf said and Mew obeyed. It was Mew's favorite flavor.

"Mew, I have years doing this. A few years back, I asked you for a gift and I am still waiting. I realized a long time ago that I don't need someone else to make me happy. I should be the one in charge of my happiness. Except for that gift. You promised me you will get it and I still have faith in you." With that note, Gulf hit the play button and the movie resume.

Mew knew that he could not ask what Gulf meant. Mew knew that 'A walk to remember' was Gulf's version of chocolate ice cream during sad or disappointing moment. Tonight was a combination of both.