Part 4

After the movie finished and Mew sang happy birthday, Mew and Gulf cleaned up, brushed their teeth and went to bed since tomorrow, I should say in a few hours was another working day. For the first time since they became a couple, Gulf have never slept giving Mew his back. Not matter if it was too hot or cold, Gulf would search for Mew's body heat. 

Tonight was different, and it pain Mew to see Gulf being disappointed, Mew preferred for Gulf to be mad at him than being disappointed. Mew didn't care, he needed Gulf's touch, he got closer, wrapping his right arm in Gulf's neck and his left resting in Gulf's abdomen, pulling Gulf closer to him. 

Gulf shifted his body a little as he was sensing Mew close to him. Gulf got frighten, thinking Gulf was rejecting him. In fact, Gulf was adjusting his body and now he turned around, kissed Mew on the lips, taking Mew by surprise.

When Mew was getting happy to noticed Gulf's reaction, it quickly dispersed as Gulf turned around again. "That's what you will get tonight," Gulf said from the other side of the bed. Mew buried his face in Gulf's neck, inhaling his scent. "How can someone make me feel so much love?" This sentence came in a muffled sound, but Gulf was able to hear it.

"I guess because this 'someone' is stupid enough to love you with all your flaws," that was Gulf's reply. Mew smiled as he felt asleep, still holding Gulf by the waist.

{"I am in charge of my happiness, I should not depend on someone to make me happy. You promised me. The gift. I have faith in you."} Mew was dreaming of what Gulf said earlier. Waking up in the middle of the night, he looked at his phone and it was 5 am. Looking at the young man sound asleep just a few inches away, Mew realized that Gulf really love him, he had put up with all of Mew's frustrations, encouraging him when he felt of giving up and even forgiving him for not remembering his birthday.

"Mew, why don't you keep your promises? Why make them if you will not follow through?" Mew raked his hair trying to keep them away from his face. Reaching for his phone, he opened a special file titled, 'My Love'. The file was created with pics of him and Gulf, it was a project he is planning to do for their 10th anniversary. He wanted to showcase their life through photographs. It was a long project since he asked his friends for help, even their high school teachers were involved by sending Mew a few picture from time to time. 

As he goes over each of the pictures, smiling because each picture would take him back to that exact moment. As Mew keeps scrolling down, he halted the moment he saw a peculiar picture. Mew heart was pounding, he began to feel the cold sweat running through his entire body. 

Afraid Gulf would sense him, he quickly got up and walked to the dim lit living room. Only the kitchen emergency light was on. Mew installed it when they first moved in and Gulf almost lost a leg when him being the klutz he is bumped into the countertop after getting up in the middle of the night to get something to eat.

As Mew sits on the sofa, he is still holding the phone, looking at the picture, the image is staring at him. He feels like someone punched him really hard in the stomach. It was the realization of what he forgot to do. He forgot to give Gulf the only thing he had ever asked.

{"All these time you must have feel so disappointed, like I never love you, that I never love you enough."} Mew's mind travel to the past.

                                                             *****START OF FLASHBACK*****

"I, Mew Suppasit, promised to give you the gift after your college graduation." Mew said as he jumped off a tree branch, landing next to Gulf who was laying down, nibbling a blade of green grass.  

Gulf shifted his body, resting his head with his right hand. "You promised, so you need to remember it. I will be disappointed if I see you walking towards me during my graduation and I don't see the gift in your hands."

Mew turned his head as well, feeling the green, soft, fresh grass beneath him. "Hmm, I know, I will never forget. The gift will be my proof to you, the proof of how much I love you." Both of them laughed and admired the clear blue sky on top of them.

                                                             *****END OF FLASHBACK*****