Part 7

In surprise, Mew asked, "what you mean your third gift? I thought this would make you happy because you always wanted a dog."
Now, Gulf placed the puppy on the floor, letting her get to explore her new environment.

Gulf cupped Mew's face with both hands, "Mew, you still don't understand the love I feel for you? My first best gift was meeting you that morning years back. My second gift was when you admitted your feelings for me that raining day behind the bleachers back in high school and now Jamie. You kept your promise even when it took you almost ten years. I told you, I have faith in you."

Mew traced Gulf's face features with his eyes, "you know how much I love you?"

Gulf is now caressing Mew's face, a smile appeared on his silky lips.
"Yes, I know you love me even when you don't show it as much as I do. I know you love me even when you are late for my birthday or forget about it. I love you even when you hardly keeps your promises. I told you, you are not in charge of my happiness and I also accept you with all your flaws. That's what makes you who you are and I love all of you."

Gulf was startled when he felt Mew's lips on his; he quickly responded with the same passion. Both of them let go and lay on the bed, showing each other how much they wanted each other, and how much they love each other. For that moment, they forgot about the world around them, the freshly cooked food; only their love for each other matter.

As they consume their love, the puppy roamed the tiny apartment. A text notification came through, it is from the owners of the farm. The text was to notify Mew that he would be able to adopt the other puppy. Mew will have one week to decide and that they wish both siblings stay together.

As the text fades away, the phone screensaver is a photo of a teenage Gulf looking at a puppy at the local pet store. Mew took that picture that afternoon before they headed to the movies. That picture from almost 10 years ago, helped Mew remember his promise, a promise he almost broke and that same picture made him realized that he can only make promises he can keep.

Three days later, Landon was reunited with his sister Jamie and the four of them began the amazing journey of knowing each other as a family. Gulf got his gift, he got more than that, he got a lovely, not so perfect, but his family after all and that's the best gift ever.