Chapter 3: Who am I?

*THE NEXT DAY (BREAK TIME)*

"Just....what could have happened to make Mytho fall from the window?" I lightly tugged at my ring as I sat in the grass near the water fountain of the school courtyard. 

Since the other day when the ring appeared, I had spent so much time pulling at the ring that it was now a newfound habit. No matter what I did, the ring simply wouldn't come off. 

"Unless..." I paused for a moment before suddenly bursting out, "He didn't try to commit suicide, did he!!?? I mean I knew he looked sad... but to try and kill yourself!?" 

A few students turned their heads in your direction and you flinched before covering your mouth. " Eh...whoopsie."

Turning your head, you noticed Mytho who had been sitting down in the grass not too far from you. He seemed to be reading a book peacefully as if he hadn't jumped out a window the day before.

" It seemed his ankle might be healed by now...." You found yourself staring at Mytho a little longer than you had hoped and mentally slapped yourself. " Pull yourself together Rose!"

" Hey...wait is that Duck?" Your upset face turned into a curious one suddenly, and you leaned a bit forward squinting. " Yeah, it's definitely her...I wouldn't mistake anyone else with that long reddish hair and um face of nervousness she makes often. Sort of when Mr. Cat calls on her and she gives a " Wha? What did you say? Please don't call on me." Face. " 

" I wonder...does she like Mytho? Is that why she's so nervous? I wish I could listen in on them but that would be rude." Giving out a long sigh I turned my face back to the direction of the sparkling water fountain. "Yeah, besides I have other things to worry about. Like why this ring won't come off already." 

Quack quack quack 

"Hm?" 

Mytho will be my boyfriend now. Come with me Mytho.

I slowly stood up and turned to face the commotion taking place behind me. 

" Wha!? Is that Mytho walking away in an...ant eater's arms? And is that duck with the super-advanced girl I watch dance the other day? What was her name again? Rue, I think it was."

D..don't worry Rue! I'm sure she didn't mean it! Mytho only loves you!

My eyes suddenly widened. " Loves? Is Mytho...in a relationship?" My heart suddenly gave a heavy throbby feeling. I just shook my head and smiled. " Of course he is. I'd be shocked if he wasn't. And not to mention he's with Rue the best dancer in the school. It's...well it's not I liked him or anything anyway..."

Standing up and brushing off the loose grass on my uniform skirt, I rushed towards the ballet building where Duck was also headed. She had just finished talking with Rue.

*BALLET CLASS* 

"Um so...what exactly is going on?" I tilted my head to the side and stared at Mr. Cat who stood before the beginner class, advanced class, and pros who were all sitting down in one mini crowd. 

" Well you see...there isn't enough room in the pro's class at the moment and it seems Mrs. Anteaterinea wants a spot in it," Lilie whispered with both hands cupped near my ear. 

"Her?" You pointed to the anteater wearing the pink leotard and skirt talking to Mr.Cat. 

" Yup!" Pike nodded and looked at Duck who seemed entranced at Rue.

" What's wrong Duck?" Pike poked her shoulder and Duck answered with, " W..what!?" 

Sigh

"I swear duck...." Pike and Lilie shook their heads at how she never paid attention.