V.

╔═══════꧁꧂═══════╗

Caterina devised a plan that would allow me to visit Tewkesbury. It took heavy convincing and detailed conversations, but the Brookings grew frustrated with our pestering and agreed to my leaving.

I had a sickly feeling my whole trip there.

What he was going to say?

What possibly could come of this?

My mind raced faster than light, struggling to make sense of our odd relationship. I wondered if this was really me, that pit I felt, if it was real and if I wasn't pretending anymore.

Something had happened that night, something I wouldn't have expected to happen in a hundred years. But now it had set off a whole line of dominos, and I couldn't keep them up straight no matter how hard I could try.

In truth, I had never been anywhere so grand in my life, Caterina explained to me the night before how to use my best manners since she was a pro on this subject. Her grandmother, whom I had never met, was quite the aristocrat herself in France. So Caterina knew this business all too well. 

I struggled to take as many notes possible and came to realize that I could never possibly live my life like that.

So restricted. Confined.

The estate was indeed beautiful. I stood outside my carriage, my mouth wide open at the whimsical sight before me.

All for one boy?

I felt extremely out of place, I should've listened to Caterina closer.

Okay, just breathe. Be...proper.

I was still completely taken aback by the beauty before me. The Brookings have money, but this is incredible.

It looked right out of the fairytales I would read to Florence.

I took a shaky breath and rang the bell. It was opened up by two guards dressed in full uniform, a foreign sight to me.

My eyes were wide, I snapped myself out of my shock. Gaping certainly wasn't considered "proper".

From behind them I saw his brown, disheveled hair and something inside me began to flutter.

"Ophelia!" Tewksbury smiled and pulled me into a hug before at had the chance to respond.

I sighed into him, as much as I tried to prevent it I could not. As he was exceptional at giving hugs that made you feel as though you meant something.

"Hello," Tewkesbury's mother arrived and stood before me. She wore a dressed most certainly made from the finest of silk and needlework. It was probably sent in from Paris.

She looked so beautiful.

"Hello," I curtsied and smiling.

Shoot, what was that one thing Caterina mentioned.

"Here come." Tewkesbury gestured for me to follow him. He lead me through the halls that were filled with the most extravagant paintings and sculptures. It was the most beautiful of art that I had ever had the honor of laying my eyes on.