𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

✦☾⚕☾✦

✦☾⚕☾✦

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━

THE CHILLED AIR OF LATE September hit Genevieve's face as she sat under a tree. The Black Lake lay before her as she read her book in the peacefulness.

She loved her boys, but they could grow loud so quickly - much too loud sometimes. With Remus disappearing once more, Sirius and Peter being in a detention for messing in Transfiguration and James training, Genevieve found herself a place to relax and read, absorbing the silence gratefully.

She drowned out the background noise of passing students as she fully immersed in the fictional world. These worlds had become a good friend for the red head when she was younger. They had found a way to distract the girl's mind from the cruelty of the real world. Her heart held a special place for every piece of literature she'd read.

The sudden laugh of a girl brought Genevieve quickly from her book as voices came closer to her. She glanced up to spot Thalia Ebeneer, followed by her friend - who Genevieve still couldn't remember the name of - and Persephone Lewis. The three Slytherins seemed to have spotted the Gryffindor alone.

"Aw, is the little lion all alone?" Thalia teased. Genevieve closed her book quickly, putting it away.

"Clearly no'." She pointed to the three girls. "Yer all 'ere." She found this quite amusing, though Thalia didn't.

"You're pathetic." She spat as her friend glanced between the two. She didn't seem to like being in the situation as Persephone watched boredly.

"Sta'emen' o' fac'." She corrected. "I'm nae alone, cause yer 'ere."

Thalia was growing swiftly irritated by the lack of reaction from the girl. She'd become accustomed to the initial fear people felt around her, her unwanted friend fed on it. But not gaining even a glimmer of it from Genevieve really pushed her buttons.

"You should be scared of me." She pointed out.

Genevieve shrugged. "I'm no'. I dinnae see why I shoul' be." She rose from her spot before stepping closer. "If anythin', I'd rather be yer frien' than fear ye." She held out her hand to her.

Thalia however rejected her friendship, sending her flying without so much of a flick of the wrist. This didn't shock Genevieve that she'd probably reject her. She stood quickly, regaining herself.

"I'll take tha' as a nae." Genevieve nodded. She could admit that she'd tried as she gathered up her scattered belongings.