1

Dear Jane and Lizzy,
I'm able to come home, I've missed you and our younger sisters dearly. I miss papà and how he would refuse to make mama happy. I miss the warmth the sun brought to me when we were woken up early for breakfast. The weather and how it would surround us and keep us company. I should be home in a days time, I've heard about the ball and I do hope you find the one.
Love the eldest sister.

I set down my quill and put my uncles stamp in the center. I stand up and walk over to one of the servants.

"Hello ma'am"

She bows and I do the same, I hand her the letter.

"Can you please send this out soon as possible."

She nods and walks off, I pull up my dress a bit and walk back to my chambers. I get my case and set it lightly on my bed. After a few minutes of gathering everything I believed to be mine, I set it onto to the floor. I smile at the golden room, I love to sit by the window and read as the sun bask it's rays onto me. How the sun kept me company while I thought about how much I missed my family back in the countryside. I'm brought out of my thoughts as I hear a faint knock on the door.

"Come in"

I stand up and watch as my uncle walks in the room with my aunt.

"Good morning Adelaide, Are you packed and ready for the journey tomorrow."

"Yes, I am"

I smile and we walk over to the seating. We sit down and I smile as my uncle hands me a book.

"We know that you'll be going back home to the countryside and we wanted to give you something for the ride."

I set the book down and put my hands over it, I smile at my aunt and uncle.

"I don't know what to expect, I haven't been back in a few years. What if everything has changed. My oldest sisters are grown, they're getting to where they need to be married."

My aunt smiles and grabs my hand, I look at her and lightly frown.

"You'll be like that too, you are becoming to old for the single statement."

I look over at the window and watch as the birds fly through the rays and light breezes. I slowly stand up and so do they.

"I just hope they welcome me back with open arms."

"They will honey, they'll be happy your home."

I smile and quickly hug them, we bow to each other and they exit the room. I glance down at the book and walk over to the window. I sit down and begin to read the large book.

———————————————————

I woke up early for the travel ahead, I walked down the hall and into the dining room. My aunt and uncle were already eating. I smiled at them and went to sit down, we start eating. My uncle looks over at me.

"Are you ready for the travels."

I look at him and nod, I drink a small amount of orange juice.

"I believe I'm ready, I just want my sisters to be happy."

They nod and we continue to eat, they speak about their next adventures and I quietly think about seeing my sisters, mama, and papa. I wouldn't tell anyone but I've missed him the most, I remember how we would sit in his office everyday and read anything we could find. Mama would be fussing over something that the younger girls had done.

———————————————————

After breakfast was over, we walked out to the front of the palace. I smiled as my uncle brought the luggage and set it into the carriage. My aunt just smiles and hugs me goodbye for now. She looks at my hands and laughs, she lightly grabs them and I look up at her.

"Darling there is nothing to be frighten of, they'll welcome you back. We know Jane and Elizabeth have missed their oldest sister for help."

I smile at the thought of Jane asking me what dress to wear or Elizabeth asking my opinion of the lastest man trying to win Jane over.

"Do tell my sister I miss her."

"Of course, I know she misses you dearly as well."

She nods and steps back with her husband. I never really wanted a husband, I wanted to read and travel as much as my heart desired. My father has always encouraged it, even when mother disapproved of such an idea.

"It's time."

I shake my head as the coachman helps me into the carriage. I sit down as the carriage starts to move. I smile and wave as they disappear in the distance. I look down at the book and start to read as I wait for home.

——————————————————

I have a small and simple blue dress with light purple lace and silk running down the front and over the arms. The coachman helps me out at the Netherfield mansion, I smile and lightly bow.

"Thank you for the ride, do take my belongs home and I believe the house is suited to you. After be heading back towards London."

They nod and I start to walk in, there's people everywhere. Many men are talking to the ladies, dancing to their hearts contempt. The halls are decorated with light colored themed, simple but elegant. I walk towards two large doors and I hear music and lots of voices, the ball must be for someone special. I do hope that I get to meet them.

"Miss..."

I look over at a man as he steps towards the door. I smile as it opens, I step inward as everyone turns to me. It's quiet but I'm used to it by now, having to visit the balls in London. I smile and looks around as everyone stares at me, I keep my head up and that when it happen.