11

I decided that the families embarrassment was enough. I step back into the darkened room, trying to stay out of sight of everyone.

Included the god, Mr. Darcy. The moment we had seemed to not only be noticed by me but him also. I lean against the wall and look out the window to the moonlight, I love how it looks shining down over the trees and large fountain.

The water seems to want to play with it, it seems to want to befriend the moonlight.

"Miss Adelaide."

I look over at the door and I see Miss Bingley.

"Are you alright"

I sadly smile at her, I step closer to her.

"Yes, I'm alright. I just needed to catch my breathe and get away from the others for a moment."

She nods her head and holds out her arm. I take and we slowly make our way to the drawing room. She lets me sit down and I smile.

"Be free to join us, after you've relaxed."

We bow and I smile at her.

"Thank you Miss Bingley."

She walks out and I calm myself down, I relax and look around the room.

—————————————————

It's early morning and the carriage has came to take us home. Everyone is ready to go and most of us are tired.

Everyone is in the carriage, I look up to see Mr. Darcy glancing down at me. I smile before laying my head on lizzys shoulder.

"We'll be having a wedding here at Netherfield in less than three months, if you ask me, Mr Bennet."

——————————————————

We get home and I go straight to the bed, I quickly undress and tuck myself under the large sheets. I watch as Lizzy and Jane do the same, I smile at them as they slowly fall asleep. After a few minutes of watching the lights outside, sleep comes to befriend me and I close my eyes for the morning.

——————————————————

Everyone is at the table besides Mr. Collins. I don't think any of us really have an objection to it. Mary is trying to play the piano while we're getting breakfast done.

"Mary, please."

A man comes in with the bread and I smile at him.

"Thank you, Mr Hill"

Mr. Collins comes into the room and I frown, he clears his throat and looks to my mother.

"Mrs Bennett, I was hoping, if it would not trouble you, that I might solicit a private audience with Miss Adelaide in the course of the morning."

I look over to mama and see that she's become happy again.

"Oh, yes. Certainly. She'll will be very happy indeed. Everyone, out. Mr Collins would like a private audience with your sister."

"No, no, wait, please. I beg you. Mr. Collins can have nothing to say to me that anybody need not hear."

"No nonsense, I desire you will stay where you are. Everyone else to the drawing room."

I'm panicking while mama is trying to get everyone out of the room.

"Mr Bennett?"

Papa puts down the paper and buy and looks at her. He frowns and glances my way, he knows just as well as I what this is.

"But..."

"Now."

He sighs and sets the paper down, I look to my sister and grab her arm.

"Jane. Jane. Jane, please, don't."

Mama drags her off with the others.

"Jane? Jane."

They walk out of the room, I turn to him and frown. Papa slowly stands up and walks over to to the door.

"Papa, stay"

He closes the door and I go to get up but quickly sit back down. I keep my eyes away from him as he start talking.

"Dear Miss Adelaide, I am sure my attentions have been too marked to be mistaken. Almost as soon as I entered the house, I singled you out as the companion of my future life."

He clears his throat, another one of his speech's to be rehearsed I believe.

"But before I am run away with my feelings, perhaps I may state my reasons for marrying."

He just stands beside me, this is the most awkward situation I've been put into.

"Firstly, that it is the duty of a clergyman to set the example of matrimony in his parish. Secondly, that I am convinced it will add greatly to my happiness. And thirdly, that it is
at the urging of my esteemed patroness, Lady Catherine, that I select a wife."

His voice is cracking and it's quickly becoming annoyingly brutal.

"My object in coming to Longbourn was to choose such a one from among Mr Bennett's daughters, for I am to inherit the estate, and such an alliance will surely suit everyone. And now, nothing remains but for me to assure you in the most animated language, of the violence of my affections."

He goes to get down on one knee, I quickly jump up and look at him.

"Mr Collins."

"And that no reproach on the subject of fortune will cross my lips once we're married."

"You are too hasty, sir. You forget that I have given no answer."

"I must add that Lady Catherine will l thoroughly approve when I speak to her of your modesty, economy, and other amiable qualities."

"Sir, I am honoured by your proposal,
but I do say that I have to decline it."

"I know ladies don't seek to seem too eager..."

I stop him before he gets farther into the large hole he's dug.

"Mr Collins, I am perfectly serious. You could not make me happy and I'm convinced I'm the last woman in the world who could make you happy."

"I flatter myself, cousin, that your refusal is merely a natural delicacy. Besides, you should take into account that despite the manifold attractions, it is by no means certain that another offer of marriage may ever be made to you."

"Mr Collins."

"So I must conclude that you simply seek to increase my love by suspense..."

"Sir."

"according to the usual practise of elegant females."

"Sir. I am not the sort of female to torment a respectable man. Please understand me, I cannot and will not ever accept you."

I quickly step back and make my way to the door. I decided it be best if I run towards the lake, I would be in company with myself an the suns rays. I hear my mother calling for me but I continue where I need to be.