seven

"I got a little paycheck. You got big plans and you gotta move."

  "Seriously? You actually agree to betraying them?" Dream asked, somewhat astonished by her answer

"I want my memories back." Ophelia replied shortly. He pulled what he was hiding behind his back out. It was some sort of liquid in a glass bottle. She assumed it was a potion. Straightening her back, she sat up as Dream came to her side.

"This potion will help you remember all the memories you lost." He started explaining. "All of the memories are going to flood back in at once so you will probably experience some emotional distress."

"Oh good." she said sarcastically.

"Listen, I know we aren't friends. I literally just knocked you out. However, I will stay here with you and be here if you need support. We all have painful memories, so I'll be here to help." The man said with a more charismatic tone. This was unusual, she was shocked by this. So far he hadn't really shown any emotion. She muttered a quiet "thank you" still startled by this out of character act of compassion.

"What's your real name?" Ophelia asked, not wanting to have to keep calling him Dream.

"Clay, yours?"

"Ophelia."

Dream looked taken aback for a second, immediately returning to a straight face hoping she hadn't noticed. She did notice, but she decided not to say anything.

"Are you positive you want to take this?" He warily asked.

"I'm positive."

He handed over the bottle to her and she nervously opened the bottle. Ophelia took a deep breath in and then started drinking. She didn't stop, not until the whole bottle was down. Dream sat in silence watching her. Once the bottle was empty she handed it back to the boy.

"I don't feel anything happening, why isn't anything happening? Did you just poison me?" She started rambling concerned.

"You have to give it a second to start working and no, I did not poison you. Just stay calm and breathe." He replied with a steady voice.

Ophelia laid back in the bed waiting for the memories to start flooding in.

"Ophelia come catch me!" a little boy's voice rang out. She was outside in a meadow filled with any color of flowers you could imagine. "I'm coming Austin!" She started running after her younger brother. She caught up to him and tackled him to the ground. "I got you!" She started tickling her baby brother. The two erupted into fits of laughter.

Suddenly she was in a village. It was dark and gloomy. She was starving. Ophelia felt the weight of her knives against her legs. She walked into one of the buildings hoping she could steal some food off of one of the villagers. When she walked in she was the only one in there other than the villager. She went towards the shelves acting as if she was just browsing. Stealthily, she started taking food off shelves and putting it in her bag. When she decided she had the most amount of food she could sneak out with, she headed towards the door but the villager caught her. He stopped her in front of the door, he wasn't going to let her leave with that food. "Take the food out, and I won't turn you in." he said. She needed the food, she was starving. "I'm so sorry." she whispered as she took one of her knives and stabbed him in the stomach. His body dropped in front of her, she took the knife out of his stomach and opened the door. Ophelia sprinted out and away from the village.

Her location changed again. This time she was in a vacant building. She was stood next to a window where she looked out and saw her enemy. She drew an arrow from her quiver and lined up her shot. Aiming the bow at the person she loathed so much. Her father. He was giving a speech about loyalty and kindness. She wanted him to take that speech and shove it up his ass. The speech was bullshit, he just needed to be liked. After he walked out on Ophelia and Austin, she felt no mercy for him. He left the teenager and the child to fend for themselves. She hated him. Taking a breath in, she released her arrow. It soared through the air directly into her father's heart.

Now she was in her childhood home. It wasn't much, but they were happy. Ophelia, Austin, her dad, and her mom. She was around seven at this time, Austin was almost a year old. The family was happily sitting in the living room, enjoying each other's company. Night came and her parents shooed her off to bed and laid Austin down. Ophelia climbed into bed, laying there not being able to sleep. She decided to get up and go to her parent's room and sleep with them. Walking into their room, she came over to the bed shaking her mom lightly. "Mom." she whispered. She shook her mom a little more and her mother's body collapsed onto the floor. At the sound of her body hitting the floor, Ophelia's dad woke up rushing over to his wife. She just stood in shock watching her dad attempt to wake up her mom. But it was no use, she was gone.

Then she found herself in a treehouse, being around 12 or 13. Across from her sat a boy with dirty-blonde hair and green eyes. He was her bestfriend, well more like her only friend. They were inseparable. "So what do you wanna do?" Ophelia asked her friend. After thinking for a second, he came up with something. "Follow me! C'mon!" He said pulling her wrist to get her to move faster. "I'm coming Clay, slow down." she giggled out. They exited the treehouse and Clay led her to the end of the hill they were on. "Look down there. One day, I'm going to live there." he said staring at the land in front of them. "That land is blocked off for a reason, you know?" Ophelia said. "I know, but when I'm older I'm determined to take it over." he said looking to her. "Do you think we'll still be friends?" "Of course, there's no way you're getting rid of me." Ophelia answered with a smile.

  She was in her old town. Not knowing what to do with herself. Lost her only friend. Her mother and brother gone. She put an arrow through her father's heart. Became a trained assassin. She couldn't see the person she used to be when she looked in the mirror. An idea came to her mind, she started walking towards her and Clay's old treehouse. As she approached the tree, she noticed it was still in pretty good condition. Climbing up into it, she sat and reminisced. She started to feel emotional, so she decided that meant it was time to leave. She climbed down and walked to the end of the hill to look at the land below. It was still blocked off, she wondered where Clay ended up. Then, she heard footsteps behind her. Reaching for one of her knives, she whipped around to see who the foe was but they had already hit her in the head with the handle of an axe, knocking her out.

Ophelia snapped back into reality, looking around the room distressed from what just happened. She was sweating and shaking. There were tears flowing down her face.

"Ophelia, are you alright?" Dream asked grabbing her arm. She turned her head in his direction and flinched away from his touch.

"You. You betrayed me! You left me! You knew how alone I was but you just got up and left. I thought you were dead." She started going off on him, now realizing him as her childhood bestfriend, Clay.

"Ophelia, listen. I'm sorry. I- I regretted it the minute I left you alone."

"That apology doesn't cut it, you knew I needed you but you still left." Tears were flowing but she didn't care, she was pissed. "Cut this rope off of me." She demanded. "Give me my stuff, I'm leaving."

"Ophelia, you should really take a minute to calm down-"

"No Clay, I will not calm down. Now, get this rope off of me and give me my things."

He just looked up at her, tears threatening to spill. After a moment, he pulled out a knife cutting her free from the rope. "Be right back." he mumbled, getting up and leaving the room. Ophelia sat there feeling every emotion at once. She hated it. She wished she didn't feel. He came back in the room holding her knives and their holsters, her bow and quiver, and her mask. Dream handed her belongings to her, hesitating.

"You'll still stick to the plan, right?" He asked, not daring to look her in her eyes.

"Yeah, I will." and with that she walked out of the room.

A/N

hiii! angst angst angst angst. we got more background storyyyyy, wooooo! it is currently 1:20 am and i have school in a couple hours so ew. i hope you all enjoyed the memory flashbacks, obviously she gets all of her memories back and not just the ones i wrote but i can't include every single one of her memories duh. n e way i hope you guys enjoyed, and you should totally vote and comment ;)