Chapter#3: The Aftermath.

Ana:

"Why didn't you tell me all of this before?", Ana asked her mother.

"I didn't wanted you to think bad about your father", Nairobi answered. "Besides, I thought he changed."

"You are going somewhere", Ana asked looking at the bag her mom was packing before she had interrupted her.

"We are", Nairobi answered. "Well, I promised Adrian that I will leave, taking you with me if he does that again. It's time I do it."

Ana didn't say anything, nor she protested. She knew her mother had gone through enough.

Belle:

Grandma was lying on her bed and Belle was besides her, "Belle."

"Yes, grandma."

"I'm not a good mother, Belle", she said.

"Don't say that grandma", Belle said. Grandma was sick already and if she kept blaming herself for everything then Belle had a feeling that she won't feel good any sooner.

"It's all my fault. I should have forced him to take his therapies when he was quitting them just because he thought he will be fine", grandma said.

"Therapy? For what, grandma?", Belle asked.

"Abandonment issues. He started having them when Mia left", grandma said. Belle didn't ask any questions though she had thousands like who Mis was etc. "He stopped taking those therapies and I let him. Ofcourse his father forced him to take them again when he abandoned Nairobi several times. But I always sided with him when he wanted to quit again."

"I gave him consistent overindulgence in this matter", grandma started crying.

"No grandma", Belle hugged her. "You didn't knew it would come to this."

"When I allowed him to quit those therapies, I didn't had the idea that I was being cruel to Nairobi", Grandma continued. "She will never forgive me. She will not stay now."

"Aunt is leaving?",Belle asked.

"She's taking Ana away too. I don't want to lose another two children of mine. Stop them", Grandma said.

"But grandma, how can I do that?", Belle asked.

"Stop Ana. Nairobi would never leave without her", grandma said.

"Grandma, if you let me do it then you will be cruel to Aunt Nairobi once again", Belle said.

"Stop them. I won't be able to bear losing more of my children", Just them the door of grandma's room opened and Uncle Tobias entered together with his wife and Ryan. He was to visit his family that day to surprise them but he himself received a shock.

First of Adrian's repetition of his past mistakes.

And second, his mother's health.

"No one informed me of any of this! If I wasn't here by myself, I would have been unaware of everything!", Uncle Tobias exclaimed.

"Tobias, Nairobi's leaving", grandma said.

"What?", Uncle Tobias couldn't believe that the family was falling apart just because of his brother's foolishness.

"She's taking Ana away too", grandma continued. "Stop her! Where will she go?"

"I'm not helpless mom", Nairobi entered inside with a bag in her hands. Ana entered after her with a bag too.

"You called me mom, Nairobi. If I had a daughter, I would have wanted her to be like you. Don't leave your mother, Nairobi", grandma pleaded.

"It's not going to work mom. I'm sorry but I won't stay here any longer", Nairobi said and turned to Ana.

Ana nodded and went towards her grandma. She hugged her, "Goodbye grandma."

When she pulled away, her grandma caressed her face, "Stop your mother, Ana."

Ana looked down and didn't say anything.

Then Ana stood up and went towards Belle to hug her goodbye but Belle turned the other way, "Don't show like you care, Ana. Because you don't."

"I'll call you", Ana said and turned around to meet Aunt Ava, Ryan's mother, too but she wasn't in the room, neither was uncle Tobias, nor Ryan. So, she just picked up her bag and followed her mother out.

Grandpa was standing outside. On his left was Uncle Alan, then Uncle Tobias, then Uncle Ash and Ryan.

"Nairobi, years ago, Adrian pleaded for you to stay. He did that because he knew there was no way you would stay and I agree as to why you didn't want to. He was at fault. He is at fault this time too and your will to leave this house is nothing but fair. It's fair if you leave Adrian and take his daughter away from him too but tell me, my child, is it fair to punish us. Punish me and your mom? Depriving Alan, Tobias and Ash of their sister? Remember how much you helped them in office and business work? There was a time they started considering you as the sister they never had and they still do. Is it fair if Ryan loses his sister and Alan, Ash and Tobias lose one of their daughters? It isn't, is it?, Nairobi's eyes teared up listening to grandpa.

"No dad, not this time. I can't", Nairobi said.

"Then we don't have any other choice either", grandpa said.

Then Ash and Ryan sat on their knees and folded their hands in front of her.

Deja Vu.

Nairobi's eyes widened.

Then Tobias and Alan did the same.

Nairobi's mind went blank.

"Nairobi, please stay", grandpa said and threw his stick. He then proceeded to sit on his knees when Nairobi stopped him but holding him up, "Dad! What's wrong with you!? Dont!!"

"Alan, pick up his stick!", Nairobi ordered but Alan kept looking down like the others and didn't move so Ana picked it up and handed it to grandpa.

Grandpa took the stick hesitantly and then turned towards Nairobi, "I want both of my daughters to stay."

A tear fell from Nairobi's eyes, "This is your house, Nairobi. And I promise you, this time he won't get away with it. None of us will forgive him until you both do. And you know very well that my promises don't go unfulfilled."

Nairobi turned to look at Ana. Ana was as clueless about what to do next as she was. So, she did what she thought was wrong that time, "I'll stay."

Grandpa smiled.

"Alan, Tobias, get up now", Nairobi said.

"Ryan, Ash, come on! I'm not going anywhere", Ash and Ryan got up too.

And believe me, Nairobi did not make a mistake this time.