𝐈

⤷ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1 : 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐫

᪥ ᪥

Yeona looked over timidly in the boys direction.

Noticing almost every pairing had moved near their partners, she decided to take the initiative, getting up slowly from her seat and walking over to the boy with a small smile on her face.

"Hi," she said to him, standing just in front of his desk, which was seemingly separated from the rest of the class, "I'm Yeona, you would know that though because you know, we are in the same class I wasn't really expecting to-" she spoke fast, being cut off by the quiet boy.

"I know. Take a seat or something." The boy said quietly with a blunt tone, chuckling slightly at her panicked speech.

"Ooookay..." she elongated the word, awkwardly pulling a chair from the desk in front of his and turning it around to sit in front of him, looking down and playing with her fingers.

"Alright class!" Ms Kwon exclaimed, gaining the students' attention again, "time for a little activity."

The teacher pulled out some sheets of paper, which were seemingly worksheets for the pairs to fill out.
"Take one and pass it along guys!" She smiled at the class, in which the students noticeably became more lively than before.

The sheets of paper had questions and places for answers for the students to discuss minor things about the project.

"Okay, question 1..." Yeona said, gaining Jungkook's attention.

"Pick a girl name and a boy name for your baby," she chuckled, "what do you think?"
He stared at the sheet of paper.
"Can we name the girl, Yeona Junior?" He smirked at her, joking around a little.

"Damn, he's joking around now?" 
Yeona thought. "that's new."

"Ewww no!" She laughed, "anything but that please...."

he smiled a little, that's new...
"We don't have to figure out the names so fast, how about this question?" She pointed at question 3, which read,

"How will you care for the child as a pair?"

"Okay, simple," Yeona spoke, "one week with me, one week with you!" She said as she wrote down the answer.

"Like child custody?" Jungkook questioned as he watched her write, "damn your handwriting is real neat."
He complimented randomly, going quiet once again after making the comment.

Yeona smiled at his compliment a little as she finished writing the sentence "yeah, like custody!"

He nodded.

After 10 minutes, Mrs Kwon gained the classes attention again.
"Okay, you should be just about finished with those sheets," she held up a blank one and looked around the class with it in the air, as if the students didn't know what she was talking about.

Just as she finished talking, students rushed to finish up the sheets and place them on her desk.

Yeona finished the last question and stood up, turning back to Jungkook, "you happy with our answers?" she spoke playfully.

He just shrugged.

Yeona rolled her eyes back at him.

"wow, back to being blunt again huh..." Yeona thought, as she turned around and walked hastily to the front of the classroom, placing the sheet gently on the teachers desk.

"Thank you Yeona," Mrs Kwon said kindly as the student turned away and sat back at her desk.

"Now, I recommend you and your partners get some sort of way to contact each other, whether that be through social media or phone number exchanges," Ms Kwon suggested to the class, "I'll give you all time now to do that whilst I sort out your papers and figure out when you will start caring for your doll" she giggled.

The members of the class started exchanging contact details, Yeona still questioning whether or not she liked who she was paired with. After all, he was overly blunt and very quiet compared to her.

"Yeona," the males' voice could be heard yelling through the multiple conversations going on around the classroom, "hey, Yeona.."

Yeona turned around and looked over at him.

"give me your number yeah?" he said, raising his eyebrows.

She nodded, turning back around and getting out a pastel pink sticky note to write her number, signing it off with a simple, "yeona <3"

The girl got up and handed him the sticky note, "now dont lose that okay?" she said, going back to sit at her desk.

--

Soon enough, the class was almost done, after the weird briefing of the task they were being thrown into, the unnecessary bonding tasks and the unusual exchanges of phone numbers that took place.

All students were sitting in their seats as Ms Kwon started to conclude the days class, "Next lesson, I will be handing out the babies, don't get too excited okay?" she laughed at herself.

audible sighs and giggles can be heard all throughout the classroom.

"Try to discuss the ways you can both participate in this project tonight, simple homework, and it can all be done by texting each other," she suggested to everyone, "now have a great weekend, and stay safe!"

--

As night fell, Yeona had almost forgotten that she had given her number to a boy in her class, going about her night as she usually did.

she was blasting her music and dancing around her room like a usual Friday night, before a notification interrupted the song.

She sighed and checked her phone, a total mood kill. Her eyes widened as she checked the notification which read,

"[UNKNOWN]: hi its me :)"

great.