The Line In The Sand

Ammika's POV
(During dinner)

I could see the obvious surprise on Bang and Sejin's faces. However, I caught the fleeting look of worry that flashed into Sejin's eyes.

I frown: Mr. Sejin, all you okay?

Sejin worries his lip: I don't mean to come across as rude, or to doubt your skills... Can you do this job with your daughter having a medical condition, as well as being a single mom of two kids that's a lot already?

I sit up further in my seat, I don't know whether to be comforted by his words of concern or to be irritated by his doubt.

I sigh: Yes, I know my daughter has a medical condition. She's had it since she was able to eat food. We've traveled all over the world even to countries where there's literally no technology. If she and I can achieve that then this is no problem.

I see Kingslee puff up with pride.

LiLi smiles proudly: My mama can do it all, I should know because I am Kingslee Tyler-Harris. I have had surgery, been put on weird diets and hospitalized. BUT I am a fighter because that's how my mama raised me! She always told me no one can stop me but me, and my mom same way.

I laugh: That is indeed how I raised you, LiLi, but you should also be humble.

I turn the Sejin and smile brightly. I really appreciate him worrying about us as a family and about me. But I didn't want that to be the only thing he saw in me or my family.

I hum: Mr. Sejin, thank you so much for worrying about us. However, please know if we do decide to do this - it is something we can absolutely do.

Sejin frowns: But what about your kids? Who will take care of them while you're working?

LiLi snorts a laugh: I go to school with a driver, but after school I have tons of activities. Sometimes, I get home later than my mama. She keeps trying to get me to cut down on my activities, but so long as I'm making the grades I don't have to give up anything. So I'm never gonna!

David chuckles: Also, Mika has two assistants technically. One helps her with everyday stuff. The other helps her with the baby as well as LiLi. Don't worry she doesn't neglect either one of them. Not to mention scheduled crazy to excessive OCD standards! Not to mention she works smart. When I work with other photographers it usually takes them weeks to get a project done...which is kinda understandable. Yet, when I work with LiLi... It takes maybe a week/2 at the most. And during this time it's not like we're working 24/7 a day. The work shift is a total of 8 hours in one day, that's it!

Bang pd looks shocked: Jinja?! That seems impossible!

David frowns: There is one catch though. She expects everyone to work as hard and as professionally as she does and if they don't make the cut they get the cut.

Bang pd nods: From but I'm hearing it sounds like you're no nonsense lady that gets done. However, the project I want you to work on... Sometimes they can be silly on set.

I smile: Having fun while you work and it keeps me laughing about something silly happening is totally fine. An innocent prank during breaks is okay sometimes. Just so long as no one is purposely trying to impede the project and make it bad - we're all good!!!

Bang pd nods again: What would happen if I wanted you to work multiple projects?

I sigh thinking: That would be totally fine. However, different days of the week would be set for each project. Once the days are set there is NO changing them, unless EVERYONE from CEO down to the coffee agree and changes to the schedule must be due something EXTREMELY IMPORTANT ONLY!! There will be NO acceptions regarding this topic.

Sejin and Bang pd nod solemnly, as they listen to her words.

I take a breath: I do have one requirement that may be a deal breaker for you.

Bang pd cocks his head and asked me to continue.

I explained that I expect to be in charge of the project. First and final approval comes from me, and me only. Thus preventing Interlopers from micromanaging, and messing up production. However, I make it clear that I have what I call my board of advisors. It will be made up of the CEOs as well as the heads of each department. But I make it very clear that I also ask the opinions of every worker at random and I take their words into consideration. I also follow a strict schedule for the day, and I expect others to follow it, too.

I let them know that this is my line in the sand. If they can't agree to it I can't work with them.

I add on: As it has become clear to me that Mr. Sejin it's very familiar with all the people that I've been working with I expect him to be there as much as possible. And other than Mr. Bang's opinion, his will weigh the heaviest when it comes to my board of advisors. And if anyone doesn't like that they don't have to work with me.

Bang pd smiles brightly: I like how you cut straight to the point with everything. I know we both have to sit down outside of this moment and think about everything that we've said today. We also need talk to some others and see what we want to do, going forward from here.

David nods: Well, we'll  be here for two more days. after that, based on what we decide we'll probably decide what happens next and where we'll go.

I smile: Indeed, I'll give you all of my contacts as well as any information you need to do background checks on me privately as well as on social media. And please know that I will be doing the same with anyone I work with. Honesty is the best policy after all as is open communication.

Bang pd nods as he and Sejin stand thanking for dinner and telling me that they might reach out to me very shortly.