2

george woke up and stretched, yawning when his arms stretched above his head. he rubbed his eyes and got up to open his curtains. the sunlight beamed in, lighting up the room. he walked back over to his bed and picked up his phone from the night stand. dream had texted him again and george opened it.

i wanna ruin our friendship

george was so confused. why would dream ever say that? they were great friends, why ruin everything. george felt like this was something he shouldn't ignore for too long, so he replied quickly.

what?
seriously what are you talking about are you alright ??

george shoved his phone into the pocket of his pants and walked out of his room. he walked to his kitchen, needing to eat something before he got on minecraft for the day. he got two pieces of bread out of his pantry and put them into the toaster. his phone buzzed in his pocket and he pulled it out, of course it was dream.

we should be lovers instead

george's phone fell onto the counter as it slipped out his hands. he was frozen from shock, thinking that his brain had played a trick on him. his face burned bright red as he slowly picked up his phone and read the text over and over again. before he could even think it through, or realize what he was doing, his fingers moved quickly to text dream back.

dream...
you know what i'll just tell you like this, i've been in love with you for the past two years. i didn't want you to find out, but i guess now is the best time to tell you that.

his breath shook as he stared at the text he just sent. never in a million years did he think he would tell dream that, he had planned on keeping it to himself forever. it wasn't something that he had admitted to himself easily, so he thought it would be better to just never tell dream. he had no idea how he would react anyways. his toast was ready, so he took it out of the toasted and spread butter onto it.

he slipped his phone back into his pocket and picked up his plate. he carried it upstairs back to his bedroom. he sat in his bed and ate, scrolling through twitter as he did so. not much long later he got a text from dream.

george i don't know what to say
it's a tiktok trend
what i just did

george's heart broke as he looked down at dream's texts. why hadn't he guessed that? he didn't know the song or the trend though, so he just assumed dream was acting a bit weird. he no longer wanted his toast. he didn't want anything. he was hesitant to say anything back to dream, but thought it would be for the better.

yeah i know
i was just playing along man
i realized that this morning and wanted to mess with you

george moved his toast onto his night stand, his heart still racing. he confessed his love for dream and it all turned out to be a practical joke. maybe he would be able to convince dream that he knew all along. he doubted it though, dream probably knew that he said what he meant to first time. dream always knew what he meant to say.

george...

george felt himself start to cry and he pressed his face into a pillow. he didn't want to be awake anymore, he wanted to go back to sleep. he could never talk to dream ever again after this, it was all over. dream would never see him the same was again. george had messed everything up because of a stupid tiktok trend.