7.1

TEN YEARS LATER

TEN YEARS LATER

The Pevensies and Zoe are racing through the forest after a magical white stag. Zoe looks down at her left hand adjusting the ring on her finger with a smile on her face. She and Peter would be getting married in two days time. They had both decided it would be best that they waited until they were older to be wed.

"Are you all right, Philip?" Edmund asks as his horse comes to a stop.
"I'm not as young as I once was," Philip answers him.
"Come on, Ed," Susan says as she and the others ride over to him.
"Just catching my breath," Edmund tells her as he pats Phillip's neck.
"That's all we'll catch at this rate," Zoe says jokingly as she Pete her own horse, who was the one that Aslan had given her in the battle.
"What did he say, Susan?" Lucy asks in a teasing tone as she looks over at Susan.
"'You girls wait in the castle. I'll get the stag myself.'," Susan quotes Edmund.
"What's this?" Peter asks as he gets off his horse while looking beside Edmund where a lamppost stands. "It seems familiar."
"As if from a dream," Zoe adds as she touches it, feeling as if something big was about to happen, along with the feeling of deja vu.
"Or a dream of a dream," Lucy says in agreement before a phrase crosses her mind. "Spare Oom."
"Lucy!" Peter calls as Lucy takes off.
"Not again," Zoe says as she follows her future sister-in-law. "Lu?"
"Come on!" Lucy says excitedly as she glances back at the other.
"These aren't branches," Peter says as he takes lead.
"They're coats," Zoe says confused before remembering the wardrobe.
"Susan, you're on my foot!" Edmund says.
"Peter, move off!" Lucy says.
"Stop shoving. Stop it!" Zoe says trying to keep from going into the wardrobe.
"I'm not on your toe!" Susan argues before they all fall out of a wardrobe.

They look at each other confused since they are at the age that they went into Narnia before the door to the room is opened by the professor

"There you are. What were you all doing in the wardrobe?" The professor asks with a smirk.
"You wouldn't believe us if we told you, sir," Peter answers him as he, Zoe, and his siblings smile at each other.
"Try me," The professor says as he tosses him the ball that had caused them to enter the wardrobe in the first place. Zoe remembers her ring before looking to find the ring still on her finger.

Over the next couple of nights, Lucy and Zoe would go back to the wardrobe to see if they could go back to Narnia.
"I don't think you'll get back in that way," The professor says surprising Zoe and Lucy one night. "You see... I've already tried."
"Will we ever go back?" Zoe asks, having not felt right about leaving the people of Narnia behind. Zoe messes with the ring that she had turned into a necklace.
"Oh, I expect so. But it'll probably happen when you're not looking for it. All the same... best to keep your eyes open."