𝟻 | 𝙰𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚑

Yesterday had been absolutely exhausting for Hermione. Once she arrived and her cousins found out who she really was, they started spitting mean comments at her, as usual. Her only comfort was talking to her parents, and her cousin Maddison.

Maddi had never bullied her, in fact, she stuck up for them. She was pretty enough to be friends with Cora and the rest of their cousins yet she chose to hang out with Hermione and Annabeth.

Annabeth was not technically a Granger. Her real mom had left when she was small and Hermione's aunt Helen was her step-mom. Because of this, Annabeth was also treated as an outcast. Both she and Hermione were nerdy and had something about them that was different. However, Annabeth had not shown up to the reunion. She had run away from home when she was 7 and the last time Hermione had seen here was the summer before 2nd year. When she asked Maddi, she said that Annabeth hadn't come during the 6 years Hermione hadn't gone and that she was lonely, having only the barbies and her brother Mark for company. They laughed at that.

After that, the girls threw a huge tantrum when they realized that Hermione and her parents had suited while they did not. Maddi merely smiled.

Dinner was no better, except for the fact that their Grandmother, Vivian Granger was there. She unknowingly helped Hermione by gushing about how gorgeous she and Lyra looked while merely saying hello to Cora Caroline and Mindy. It was hilarious to see their faces. Sadly though, that was the best part of Hermione's dinner and afterwards, she spent some time catching up with her parents before taking Lyra to bed.

—————————-

Now it was Saturday morning and Hermione rolled out of bed at around 8 in the morning. She got showered and dressed before making coffee and settling down with some paperwork. As the head of the MLE, she had to do a lot of paperwork. At half to 9, she woke up her daughter.

"Cmon Lyra, it's ok."

"Mmmmmmm.... AAAAAAAAAAAA." Lyra cried. Hermione sighed and changed her diaper, fed her milk and got her changed. When it was five to nine, she left the suite and headed back down to the main dining area in the Muggle side of the hotel.

"Wow Hermione. I love your outfit, did you get it from the rubbish?" Cora mocked as she walked in. She knew, of course, that the light pink ruffle-sleeve top and flowy black pants Hermione wore were from Mirage's latest Spring line and were quite expensive. Hermione simply glared at her before going and sitting down with her parents.

That morning, Maddi had decided to not to come down for breakfast, so Hermione was just talking to her parents. Not that she minded anyways as she would often visit them just to say hello.

"Oh my darling Lyra! Hello! Hi! Who loves your Granny? Who does? You do!" Hermione's mother made silly faces cooed at Lyra, who basked in the attention, giggling and clapping her hands wildly.

"She really takes after her father doesn't she?" Richard joked about Lyra and both father and daughter laughed, prompting Lyra to giggle even louder. However, the happy moment just had to be ruined.

"Ugh! Can't you shut that thing up?" Hermione's Aunt Hayley glared daggers at the small family. Feeling anger at the woman, Hermione made to get up before a voice stopped her,

"That sound is called happiness. If your cold, dark, heart can't handle it, then why don't you leave." At the sound of that voice, so familiar yet distant and new, Hermione whipped her head around. She barely heard the shouting around her.