Chapter 2

George went to approach Scarlett but she flinched and pushed her chair back and looked down at her lap

George went to approach Scarlett but she flinched and pushed her chair back and looked down at her lap. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." George quickly replied at her reaction, "I was just going to say that if you don't want to talk to me, you can just write it down on a piece of parchment and give it to me or something like that if it's easier for you.". Scarlett slowly looked up at him and just nodded, she was slightly took back at the way he was so kind and apologetic even though he did nothing wrong. George just went and sat down in a seat at the middle of the class.

Everyone piled into the class and the only person that sat near Scarlett was Nicolette. Scarlett could smell the weed clinging onto Nicoles robes and always wondered how she rarely got detention for it but just guessed it was because she always smelled like it so no one could tell the difference.

Scarlett spoke to her and told her about what Snape wanted her to do "he cant do that if you don't feel comfortable with it." her sister demanded in a whisper "It's not like he has a choice, he's probably busy and anyways George said that I don't have to, I can just give him the work he needs on a piece of parchment and give it to him." Scarlett replied quietly and she could feel the blood rush to her cheeks as she looked up from her book at George. "oh your future husband said that did he." her sister teased "you know he wont ask you out if you don't actually talk to him, I know your scared of trusting people but he seems like a really nice guy." Nicolette looked over at George who looked confused at what was going on. "I'm not saying that you have to tell him everything about yourself, I'm just saying talking to him wont hurt."

"I mean look at the poor boy he has no clue what Snape is going on about." Scarlett was still looking at him and she smiled and let out a little chuckle but before she could say anything, a familiar voice spoke "Hutchinson twins, would you like to have a weeks detention?" Snape shot them a look that said 'be quiet now' then carried on with the lesson and both girls went quiet and everyone in the class turned to look at the quiet girl getting told off for chatting. Scarlett could only feel embarrassment with everyone's eyes on her.

The class was coming to an end and Scarlett needed some way of telling George when their little study sessions would be and what time, so Scarlett had hatched a plan in her head. She would be okay with talking to him if he was at a safe distance away from her and she figured the library would be the right place for that seeming as she could sit at one end of a table and he could sit at the other. Scarlett quickly grabbed some parchment from her bag and wrote down the note for Nicolette to pass to George. She handed the note to her sister and told her to pass it to George when the lesson ended and that is what she did. Before leaving George gave Scarlett a smile that was mostly apologetic.

' meet me at the library tomorrow at 7pm'

S.H

She handed the note to her sister and told her to pass it to George when the lesson ended. Scarlett could see that her sister and George were speaking about something but she couldn't make out what.