Chapter Eight - Izuku Midoriya

''Somebody asked me if I knew you. A million memories flash through my mind, but I just smiled and said I used to.'' -Wiz Khalifa

+++++

''The Sports Festival is coming up.'' Shota informed Izuku as he picked up his sleeping bag from its designated corner.

''WHAT?!? AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?!?'' Izuku screeched. ''Oh no, I'm going to have to somehow figure out a way to take down peoples quirks without actually touching anything. I wonder if I could record my voice somehow? I'm finally going to see Kacchan use his quirk against someone else and-'' 

''Kid, you're doing it again.''

''O-oh, sorry...''

''Who's Kacchan?''

''Oh, did I not tell you?'' Izuku questioned and when the teacher shook his head, the freckled boy continued. ''Kacchan, Katsuki Bakugo. He's my childhood friend.''

Shota stared, dumbfounded. ''You and Bakugo? Friends?''

''Kinda... he didn't really like me much...''

That was an understatement. Katsuki Bakugo had bullied Izuku from the second they found out he was quirkless. With it mainly being physical, Izuku had had to hide scars and burns from his mother every single day since he was four. Katsuki had kicked, tormented, hurt, terrified Izuku.

And he had never said sorry.

Shota sighed. ''Yeah, Bakugo doesn't seem to like anyone.'' Then, he waved goodbye to Izuku before walking out the door to start his day.

Normally, Shota would have expelled at least 5 kids by now so it came as a big surprise to everyone he worked with when he had, in fact, only expelled 1.

Hizashi had taken to calling him "One Boy Wonder" which was getting extremely annoying, especially since some of the other teachers were beginning to call him that as well.

"Alright class." Shota began as he walked into the home room. "As I'm sure you're aware, the UA sports festival is coming up. You'll get even more chance to work with your quirk. If you want, partner up and talk over maybe training together. I'm going to sleep."

True to his word, Shota climbed into his bright yellow sleeping back before collapsing on the ground. Almost immediately, chatter broke out and Shota was just starting to actually go to sleep when Mina's voice came startlingly loud.

"Come on Bakugo! We have to go to the mall!"

"No. Fuck off I'm busy that day!"

"Oh yeah, with what?"

"I'm..." the usual cocky voice of Katsuki hesitated. Actually hesitated. "...visiting a friend."

"You have friends outside of UA?" Denki asked, completely serious and Shota could practically feel the glare Denki got from Katsuki.

"Yes, of course I do, Dunce Face."

''We have to meet him! What's his name?'' Mina squealed excitedly.

Katsuki sighed. ''His name... his name is Izuku Midoriya.''

Oh. What was Shota supposed to do now? Walk up to Katsuki and be like 'hey man, I know your friend's dead and all, but I can see him!'? Maybe he should put finger guns in there somewhere.

''Ooh! How come he's not at UA with you? I didn't see you with anyone at the entrance exam! Did he not want to be a hero?''

Katsuki snarled. ''Of course he wanted to be a hero! He wanted it more than anything! But... he didn't exactly have the... firepower to pass the exam.''

Eijiro came over and slapped Katsuki on the back. ''He seems very manly! Is his quirk not suited for heroics or something?''

''Or something.'' Came the reply.

''Come on Bakugo!'' Mina whined. ''Give us the deets before Mr. Aizawa wakes up!''

I'm already awake shitheads.

''Yeah, come on!''

''Please..!''

''Bakugo come o-''

''HE DOESN'T HAVE A QUIRK ALRIGHT?!'' Katsuki exploded as everyone in the room fell silent.

''Oh.''

The bell rang and Katsuki thanked it immensely. ''Now go away.'' He growled, slouching out of the room.

+++++

Izuku sat, swinging his legs, on the wall just outside UA. With nothing else to do, he had taken to waiting for Todoroki although today was the first day he would actually let him see him.

''Oh, Deku. Hello.'' A monotone voice called over and Izuku looked up to see a certain dual tone haired boy looking back at him.

''Hey Todoroki!'' Izuku smiled, hopping off the wall.

''What are you doing here?''

''Can't I come to see my friend?''

Shoto smiled slightly. ''Of course you can.''

Izuku grinned and linked his arm with the other boys. ''Come on, lets go!''

Ever since Izuku had found out he could touch Shoto, he loved to randomly hold him. Whether it be linking arms, a high five or any other kind. And Shoto didn't mind. He didn't mind at all.

''Bakugo started talking about one of his friends in class today. It was very annoying, I couldn't concentrate.''

''Oh, Kacchan?''

Shoto paused whilst Izuku tried, and failed, to move forwards as the dual-haired boy stayed in place. ''You call Katsuki Bakugo, Kacchan?''

''Why is everyone so shocked about that?'' Izuku mumbled to himself. ''Yes? I've known him since we were babies.'' There was a pause before he added. ''Oh but don't ask him about me, we didn't exactly leave on good terms.''

Shoto nodded and they continued walking back to his house, all thoughts of the previous topic completely forgotten. ''Why don't you come and watch the sports festival?'' He asked and Izuku looked up, eyes wide.

''I would love to!''