Chapter Nine - Power

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" -Helen Keller

+++++

"Please!" Izuku whined, staring at an upside-down Shota from his position on the floor. "I have to go!"

"No, Midoriya, you're not going."

"Why not?!"

"Because we don't know exactly what happened to you or why I can see you. And if I can see you, who's to say someone else might be able to. If someone saw you and recognised you, it would cause a panic!"

"Exactly! If anyone sees me! Besides if someone does, I'll just say it's my Quirk."

Shota finally sighed. "Fine. But don't blame me if you get seen."

Izuku let out a gasp. "Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"Yeah, yeah. Just be ready, we're leaving in 5 minutes."

"Okie dokie!"

+++++

When Izuku arrived at UA along with Shota, the gates were empty. When the students arrived at last, the gates were empty. However, as soon as the public could be let in, the gates were not empty.

Hundreds of thousands of people milled around, visiting stalls, talking with friends, and with them, some pro heroes arrived as added security.

Izuku's fanboy self was going crazy.

"OH MY GOD IS THAT KAMUI WOODS?!? AND MT. LADY IS WITH HIM! DEATH ARMS TOO! It's a very powerful alliance as Kamui Woods is very well rounded in everything apart from fire which Mt. Lady can put out and if Kamui Woods is busy then Death Arms can stop any falling bits by-"

"Midoriya."

Izuku stopped and scratched his head, embarrassed. "S-sorry Aizaw- NO WAY IT'S RADIO CONTROL! HE HARDLY EVER APPEARS IN THE PUBLIC AND HIS AUTOGRAPHS ARE PRACTICALLY URBAN LEGENDS!"

"Aizawa, Mic wants you in the announcement booth." Nemuri Kayama said, running over to them in her hero costume as she was the pro hero Midnight.

"I thought All Might was going to join him?"

"Yeah but they decided at the last minute that he would hand out the medals instead."

"Fine." Shota sighed as Nemuri left. "Come on Midoriya."

Izuku, who had been eyeing an autograph Remote Control had just handed out with envy, gulped and looked up before rushing back over to him.

As they reached the building, Izuku sent back one last look across the crowd before sighing and following the pro hero. Shoto was nowhere to be seen.

+++++

Izuku huffed angrily. How long were they just going to wait? And Hizashi Yamada, (Present Mic), yelling in his ear was not helping.

Though, Izuku did take slight pleasure at the fact that Hizashi was annoying Shota as well.

However, opportunity arose when Shota slammed his head down against the table at the blond's constant muttering and Izuku quietly snuck out of the room. He had come here to see Shoto and he was going to find him.

In fact, Izuku was halfway down the stairs when he spotted the dual-haired boy.

"Todoroki! Hi!" He cried, rushing over to him.

"Oh, hello, Deku."

"Why aren't you in the waiting room with the others?"

"I'm just... thinking things over." Came the reply.

Izuku sighed. "You know, you're gonna have to talk to me at some point."

Perplexed, Shoto looked at him. "But I am talking to you?"

Izuku burst out laughing. "But seriously... are you okay?"

Shoto shrugged. "I guess so."

Izuku stayed silent, knowing that Shoto would talk when he wanted to.

"Have you ever heard of a Quirk marriage?"

Izuku looked at him and nodded his head slowly. Of course he had heard of them. It was an old way of thinking, marrying two people with powerful Quirks so that they created the ultimate Quirk child.

"That's what happened between my Mother and my Father. He wanted to surpass All Might, so he had me. His ultimate creation." Shoto paused, looking down at the ground. "That's why I don't use my left side in battle. I don't want to use his flames."

Izuku looked on, tilting his head. "I don't get it."

"What?"

"Last time I checked, Endeavour's Quirk is Hell Flame, not Half Hot Half Cold."

Shoto looked at him, frowning slightly. "But I got half of it from... him. It's his power."

"Oh? So it's his power huh? Not his mum or dads? Because by your reasoning that makes Endeavour's Quirk actually one of his parents Quirk."

Shoto looked at the green-haired boy, his eyes widening.

"It's your power, Todoroki. Not his."

And just like that, Shoto's entire view on the world broke like a mirror. His Quirk... his Quirk... his Quirk.

A memory of when he was younger flooded to the surface.

"I always like to say 'I Am Here!' to show that it is me. Because it is not my fathers, or my mothers Quirk that is mine. It is my Quirk. I have made it my own. That's why I say 'I Am Here!'"

It was an old video of All Might, but Shoto loved watching it with his Mother.

"Thank you, Deku." Shoto smiled, pulling him into a hug. "Thank you."

Izuku let out a grin. "My name's actually Midoriya. Izuku Midoriya."

"Well thank you, Midoriya."

And they stayed like that, engulfed in a hug.

Until Izuku heard Katsuki rounding the corner.

Shit.

"Uhm... Todoroki?" Izuku squeaked, pulling the boy off him.

"Yes?"

"Uh... Kacchan is... um..." Dammit words come out quicker. "Nevermind." He finished before grabbing Todoroki and pulling him into an open wardrobe with him and closing the door.

"What are you-"

Izuku shushed him as Katsuki passed, mumbling to himself about how he was going to be the best.

Once he had gone, Izuku let out a sigh. "Thank god." Then he looked upward, to see Shoto staring at him.

And then he realised how close together they were. And how Shoto's hot breath fanned across his face.

Izuku could feel the heat rising in his cheeks as they both started at each other. Heterochromatic eyes meeting emerald ones.

Shoto inched closer, extremely slowly, and Izuku did nothing to stop him.

The dual-haired boy placed his hand against the wall as he looked into Izuku's eyes, asking for permission.

Izuku nodded slightly.

And Shoto crashed his lips onto the shorter boys.

__________________
A/N: I don't really do author notes but I just wanted to say that this story might be going on Hiatus because I have like zero motivation to write and school's been tough✌️ like ik where I want to story to go but... words.

so yeah.

BUT KEYWORD: MIGHT

it still might not!

also half assed todoroki power thing cuz why tf not