Our Spot

I walked into the house and put my keys next to the front door, like I do everyday. 

I stared at our wedding picture in the broken glass frame, like I do everyday. 

"I'll never look like this again! Can't you see how fucking hideous I am now! I don't want these anymore!!" She slammed it onto the ground "I'm not her anymore and I never will be!" 

I walked to the kitchen and got a glass of water 

"You need to drink the water baby, please" 
"I can't" she sobbed "it hurts so bad Yoongi, so bad" 

I walked up the stairs to our room like I do everyday, changed into my pajamas and laid down in our bed. 
Alone. 

"I love you"
"I love you too, sweet dreams beautiful"
"Sweet dreams my love" 

My stomach growled
Empty for the third day in a row since I forgot to eat again. 
I closed my eyes and forced myself to ignore the ache in my stomach. 
I'll eat tomorrow. 

When it isn't the three year anniversary of losing my wife. 

"Morning mister Min" the receptionist said with a smile
"Morning" I mumbled as I walked past her 

"Hyung!" Jungkook came running up to me "I tried calling you a few times yesterday..you okay?"

"I'm fine" 

"That sounded super reassuring, look, I know it's been ha-"

"Don't" I shook my head 

"But I-"
"Stop. Please Jungkook..stop" 
"Okay" he whispered "I'm sorry" 
"Its okay" I nodded "I know you're just concerned" I patted his shoulder reassuringly and walked to my classroom. 

"It's nice to see some old faces in here this year. A lot of new faces too"

I smiled as I addressed my class

"I'm horrible with remembering names, but I'll try" I faced the board that was behind me and pulled a dry erase marker from my pocket "I'm professor Min, and this is the history and understanding of music" 

The same thing all day. 
A new class every hour and a half until classes were done for the day. 

I walked to the music room and sat at the piano, I let my fingers hover over the keys 

"Play it again for me Yoongi pleeeeeease" 
"Anything for you princess" I smiled and started playing again, she would hit random keys periodically, lifting her fingers to go over mine and making the song go off key as we laughed and she buried her head into my shoulder 

My fingers mindlessly playing the song from memory, it was engraved into my brain by her smile, her laugh, her perfume, her face, it was all there in the keys. 

"Who hurt you?" 

I jumped at the voice that pulled me from my thoughts and away from the keys, I locked eyes with a girl, I had no idea how long she had been standing there, I wasn't sure if she was a student or a teacher. 

Long brown hair, yellow sundress, green eyes, freckles, pale skin, and wide framed glasses that were barely hanging on to the tip of her tiny nose. 
I rushed to wipe the lone tear that managed to work it's way down my cheek

"Sorry, I didn't know this room was being used. I'll go" I pulled the cover down on the piano and stood up 

"You don't have to, I only came to practice, but that's okay" she smiled "I feel like you need it more than I do" 
I didn't say anything as I grabbed my shoulder bag and walked out of the room.