Epilogue

"Pop pop..where did you meet granny?" 

I smiled down at my youngest grandchild sitting on my lap

"Rose" I chuckled "I'm eighty five years old and you expect me to remember something like that?"

"Uh huh" she nodded as she played with her barbie doll 

"I was her teacher" I smiled as I pinched her cheek, she gasped

"Her teacher!?" 

"Mhmm" I nodded "I didn't know that when we first met, but after I found out, it didn't stop me from falling in love with her" 

"Did you get in trouble?"

"I did" I nodded as I replayed the memory in my mind like a movie "I had to choose between my job, or grandmom" 

"And you picked granny?"

"I did" I nodded and smiled wide "she was the love of my life, so of course I picked her over money" 

"That's so cute!!! Tell me more! What did granny look like when she was young?" 

"She had long brown and golden hair, like you" I ran my fingers through her hair "freckles along her nose and cheeks, and bright green eyes like emeralds. She was the prettiest woman I had ever seen and she captured my attention almost immediately" 

"When did you fall for her?" 

I laughed "probably when we ran away from doughnuts" 

"Are you seriously telling that story again Yoongs?" She asked as she walked into the living room with her cane and a plate of cookies 

"I think our grandkids have a right to know that their grandma has always had a sweet tooth" I smiled up at her as she came to sit next to me and patted my thigh. 

Long grey and white hair replaced her once brown and golden waves.
Her skin wrinkled, and more freckles than before. 
Her bright green eyes had faded, one was even a little grey from having a small surgery in our seventies. 

Yeah, looking at the both of us you could tell we've aged. But it didn't stop us or slow us down from being ourselves and being in love. 

We raised three children, and have ten grandkids. We're all so close too, the grandkids love coming over to paint with Amelia, play piano with me, and of course eat grandma's special homemade cookies. 

All of these years together and we still hold each other at night. 
We still cuddle close. 
We still show our love as physically as we can. 
I got a bit chunky in my old age, and some parts don't work as well as they once did, but we make it work...sometimes…

A lifetime of happiness and love. 

Watching my friends pass away wasn't easy.

Losing Hobi first definitely ruined me. 

It took awhile for me to bounce back, but having my wife, children, and some of my grandchildren, because not all of them were born yet, definitely helped me accept it faster than I had imagined. 

Jimin sold the house to Emily, and she takes care of her father with the help of the twins, her wife, their children, and the twins each have gotten married and have children of their own that love to come and visit him. 

Hobi only got to meet two of his six grandkids. 

Jin passed away, followed shortly by his wife. 

Namjoon's wife passed away.

Tae died unexpectedly, his wife found him in his favorite chair, a heart attack in his sleep. 

Jungkook is still alive and well, as well as his wife. They come to visit often. 
He makes fun of me for my weight gain even though he himself has gotten chunky over the years. 

"I guess I get my sweet tooth from granny then" she smiled at Amelia as she stole a cookie from the plate 

"Your grandfather has a sweet tooth too, don't let him fool you" she giggled 

I gasped and put my hand over my chest dramatically "me?" I snuck my hand over and stole a cookie from the plate before taking a bite "I have no idea what granny is talking about" 

Rose laughed hysterically as she covered her mouth trying not to spit cookie everywhere.  

"Pop pop you're silly" 

"I know" I rubbed my nose on the top of her hair and smiled 

"Would you believe me if I told you pop pop used to be a troll?" Amelia asked making Rose laugh again 

"Would you believe me if I told you your grandma is just as beautiful today, as she was the day that I met her?" 

"That one I believe" she smiled up at me and got off my lap, I looked over at a smiling Amelia and kissed her lips

"I love you" 

"I love you too old man" she smiled as she kissed me again. 

Fifty-seven beautiful years together.

I'm forever thankful that Amelia was placed in my life when she was, I couldn't imagine my life without her. She's given me so much in our lives, I was lucky enough to love two beautiful and amazing women in my lifetime.

I wouldn't have met Amelia, and had everything I have now if Emily hadn't passed away, and if I hadn't learned that it's okay to move on and carry them with you.

I couldn't imagine a life with out Emily, but now I can't imagine my life ever being different than what it is now.

It's okay to be scared.
It's okay to let go.
It's okay to move on.

"You're spaced out again old man" she smiled, pulling me from my thoughts

"Sorry" I chuckled

"What're you thinking about my love?"

"Just how much I love you. How much I've always loved you"

"Fifty-seven years together and you're still trying to butter me up hm?"

"Hey, it works right?" I winked and she laughed

"You're an old flirt"

"And you're amazing" I smiled and leaned in pecking her lips softly.

°•○●END●○•°