~<{. XXI .}>~

~<{. ✓ .}>~

[The Exams]

Nanabe Toru's Point of View

"I meant what I've just said. I'm going to stop you if you throw a fit in this guidance office." I took his gaze head-on. This sucking gaze of his, it feels awesome when it's directed to me. It's brimming with darkness.

The silence was deafening. No one inside the office dares to utter a single word. It was as if the only people in here are just the two of us. Ayanokouji and me.

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. Just how deep is that darkness in your eyes, I wonder?" I said, his eyes widen and his grip on the tea table tightened.

The atmosphere became a little more sinister. Ayanokouji put his other hand on the tea table in front of us, I also did the same thing as him.

Sensing that something harmful is about to happen, Chabashira-sensei stepped in.

"That's enough, both of you! Don't you try to start a fight in here, I'll demote you two into Class E."

Class E?

"Sensei? There's still another class?" Horikita asked.

"Certainly. Of course, the 'E' stands for 'expelled'. As in you'd be kicked out of school."

Expelled, huh? Well, luckily, that's my intention from the start.

Chabashira-sensei briefly looked at the wall clock, it displayed the time. It was now twenty before ten. Twenty minutes had already passed since we entered here.

"Well, it's already late. I still have some things I want to talk about with you three but it can wait for tomorrow. Very well, enjoy your night."

She pushed the three of us out into the hallway. I wonder what she wanted to talk about. Guess I'll found it out tomorrow.

I started to walk away from these two but someone called me. It was him.

"Nanabe, who are you?"

I stopped in my tracks. I stood straight and started to speak.

"I'm no one," I said still not facing his direction.

Expelling this man will be a tough job. If I try to expel him without a plan, the tables might be turned on me. So for now...

"I'm just a student who dislikes trouble."

... I'll lie low.

But because of what just happened, I doubt that I will be able to do that.

~<{. ✓ .}>~

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's Point of View

Nanabe Toru. It seems that he knows something about me.

The first time I saw him in the classroom I immediately thought that he was familiar, and after giving it some thought, I remembered. He was the person who helped the old woman on the bus. I'm not saying that the events on that day are relevant to what is happening now. But looking back on it, it seemed kinda strange. Why would someone like him help an old woman like that for no reason? Some will say that it's just kindness but for me, I think otherwise.

He has a motive and I'm sure of it. Well, it's not like it matters to me. I don't mind having sketchy guys like him around. As long as he doesn't get in the way of my normal school life I don't mind sparing him. But if he tries to do something against me, I'll crush him without batting an eye.