19: ELLIPSISM

ELLIPSISM: A SADNESS THAT YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO KNOW HOW HISTORY WILL TURN OUT

The day after, I found myself staying by Hyungwon's side as he took over the old library, even though he wanted this to be his shift and I didn't really have a reason to be there. I just didn't have anything else to do.

I figured it was my job to hold Hyungwon's hand and guide him to the ways of book-keeping, and, then, I realized there wasn't much to teach. One could just stand there and be done with it.

Hyungwon wasn't just standing, he was deeply immersed in the old batman comic book he had found, and beside him on the counter laid a stash of different other comics and Japanese mangas.

The numbers of the digital clock (possibly one of the only things modern in the vicinity apart from the coffee machine) indicated that it was inching towards midnight, the closing hours of the library oncoming. There was no sign of Wonho.

"Wanna head for home?" I broke the comfortable silence, making the tall boy look at me. A pair of glasses adorning his small face. Apparently, he was a bit farsighted but he only wore glasses whenever he felt like it.

Before he could answer the bell of the entrance chimed as a blond boy rushed in like a storm, with his hand tugging— more like, dragging Wonho around, even though the latter was far bigger in size than him.

I couldn't help but smile immediately as I saw the spring boy, and he returned the smile back, a bit awkward and faltering. Minhyuk was alight in excitement, radiating like a ball of energy.

"You guys! I got to be the teacher's assistant in our lab! I got a job at the university!" Minhyuk shouted, his loud voice reverberating around the otherwise silent library.

"That's great news!" I immediately responded. I took a look at Wonho in the meantime, he was laughing silently, Minhyuk still grabbing onto his upper arm.

"Karaoke party tomorrow to celebrate! I'll text you the place and time!" Minhyuk shot his other hand forward and pointed at me, then it moved to Hyungwon and Minhyuk scrunched up his eyebrows.

"Have I seen you somewhere?" He asked but without waiting for a response he spoke vibrantly again, "You should come too! Sorry, I am busy, I'll be going now."

He took turns glancing at me and Hyungwon. "See you guys tomorrow!"

Then he was gone, dragging Wonho along with him, just like he had come before like a tornado and now he had left us in the whirlpool.

"Does he even have my number?" I spoke my thoughts aloud, then reassured myself thinking he could collect it from Changkyun.

"He's gonna hate that job. He has low patience," Hyungwon uttered with a nonchalant look on his face.

I was way past the stage of getting creeped out by his abrupt comments. The fact that he was a time traveler was slowly etching into my brain. It somehow made sense.