Chapter 1

~Shuichi's POV~
I woke and got into my normal uniform and put my hat on. I walked out of my room to the dining hall for breakfast. When I entered the dining hall everyone was already there. Kokichi was guiltrippining Kaede about the manhole issue yesterday. I sighed and walked over to them.

"M-maybe we should stop arguing and focus on breakfast."
I told them.

"Aww fine, but this isn't over Kaeyayday!" Kokichi groaned.

Everyone sat down at separate tables in their groups. I sat next to Kaede with Kaito and Maki sitting across from us. Kirumi asked everyone what they wanted then went into the kitchen to prepare it.
Kirumi came back out and handed everyone breakfast. I started to eat breakfast.
I finished eating, and was about to leave the dining hall before someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and no one else was in the room. I must have been imagining things. But before I could turn back around someone locked their arm around my neck. I tried to escape their grip, but it was no use. A syringe entered into my neck and injected me with something. My eyes started feeling heavy. I desperately tried to stay awake. I can't fall asleep now, I have to help Kaede and the others find a way out! My efforts were wasted. I eventually lost consciousness and fell.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I woke with both my wrists and ankles tied to a chair. I tried struggling, but the chains wrapped around my torso connecting me to the chair tightened.

"Oh, you're finally awake!" Tsumugi said, smirking.

I'm assuming she's the mastermind. She laughed maniacally then put duct tape on my mouth.

"This might hurt, but please scream to your heart's content! No one will hear or come for you anyway!" She laughed even louder than before.

I gulped, not prepared for what she was about to do. First, she took out a small scalpel and cut a deep scar on my wrist. I winced at the pain. Tsumugi smirked then stabbed it into my arm. I screamed in pain, but the duct tape muffled it. She did the same to my other arm. Then, she put the scalpel in their pocket and ripped off the duct on my mouth.

"Any last words, detective?" Tsumugi asked me, even though I'm still an apprentice.

I nodded.

"If you're going to kill me or something just know, even if I wasn't strong enough to defeat you, someday everyone else will!" I shouted.

She took out a syringe.

"We'll just have to see about that, Saihara-Kun."

The syringe entered my neck and I fell asleep.

~Kokichi's POV~
I sighed. Stupid Kaeyayday made us investigate all day to 'find a way out!' There probably isn't a way out of this hell. Also, where is my beloved Saihara~chan? I haven't seen him since breakfast this morning. He's probably been investigating with Kaeyayday.

*Ding Dong Bing Bong*

The nighttime announcement went off. I didn't bother to listen until something piqued my interest.

"And one more thing! You bastards better get your asses into the gym tomorrow morning for a little surprise!" Monokuma shouted.

The monitor shut off. I guess he won't let anyone sit out. I wonder what this sadistic bear has as a "surprise," for us anyway. I shrugged and started making my way to my room. I entered my room and laid down on my bed. I still haven't seen Saihara~chan anywhere. I'm starting to get a little worried.

"Maybe I should check on him," I said to no one in particular.

I started making my way to his room. I knocked on his door softly.