First heartbreak

My Sunday ended well my mom was doing better and I'm happy she had time to joke honestly I love her strength, she calls me her light but I think she's my light because no matter how dark my life got her light was the brightest leading me and guiding me no wonder I never got lost.

Monday morning I woke up early and went to work the drive to work was painful because there was a bad accident which meant we had to wait I was worried for the people involved I sincerely hope they are okay.

After a few minutes, I managed to get to work on time, I hate being late.

"Good morning Kate"

"Morning sweety"

"We have a big day today "

"As usual"

I went to put my bags away and fix my ponytail and retouched my make up.

It got so busy I couldn't have lunch, a few patients came explaining how they thought it was a good idea their kids missed vaccinations, I'm glad we have the best doctors because they managed to help them.

After that hectic morning and afternoon, I thought maybe taking a nap would help, I took my phone with me so I set up my alarm to wake me up after 40 minutes.

We don't have to knock because those break rooms are for us right? No wrong...

I walked in to find a topless Kate sucking face with a guy I didn't recognize till he lifted his head and I saw him.

Oliver...

I froze ...

"I'm. I mean I am sorry"

Before they could respond I was out of that room I ran, I didn't stop I ran finally I got to the rooftop ...

Is this what heartache feels like? A part of it reminded me of the call I got about my dad dying.

I couldn't breathe I was trying so hard to calm down but tears blinded my vision...

"Beautiful are you crying"

"Curly please I don't want to be rude please not now"

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I shook my head and he handed me a napkin...

I laughed because the napkin had melted cheese on it and had a nice bbq smell... he was eating here...

"Thanks, Curly what are you doing here"

"Good hiding place ,my parents drive me crazy I needed a moment to eat"

"Sorry"

We stood there in silence the weather was amazing I loved the cold weather maybe because I was born in winter...

The dark clouds and windy weather made me want Netflix and tea.

"Why aren't you treating me differently"

"What do you mean are you an alien beautiful?"

I rolled my eyes...

"For once in your life Curly be serious"

"Because you're beautiful Lumi"

I kept quiet I felt like he's being sarcastic but realized he was serious he found me attractive for once someone sees the real me, not my skin but just me.

"Don't overthink babe"

"I'm not your babe and I'm not thinking"

"Want to taste my quesadilla"?