Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Silence

When I woke up, my friends were still gone and I was worried that maybe something bad happened to them

When I woke up, my friends were still gone and I was worried that maybe something bad happened to them. I didn’t go to the Student Council Office, instead, I went to our classroom, just in case my friends were there. But when I came to the classroom, I didn’t see them! I could do nothing but just sit in my chair. I sighed.

Where are they? The class was about to start, but they still weren’t there. It wasn’t long before Ms. Ciara arrived, so I just listen to what she was teaching.

The class ended quickly, so I went to the Student Council Office first. I found them all talking, including Dimitri.

“Hi, Zaylee!” Eliezer greeted me when he saw me enter. I just smiled at him.

I sat in the seat next to Shaun and just quietly listened to them.

“Something’s wrong?” Shaun asked me. He must have noticed my silence.

“Because my friends didn’t go back to the dorm, I’m worried about them!” I told him worriedly.

“Are you sure?” He asked.

“Yes, I still haven’t seen them, since last night. I had already checked their room when I woke up but they aren’t there. I also checked in the classroom, but they’re also not there.” It’s not like them to miss class, so I’m worried about them. I didn’t realize they had heard what Shaun and I were talking about.

“You mean they were missing last night,” Blaise replied and I nodded in agreement.

“Don’t worry about them, they are fine.” I was surprised by what Dimitri said. Does he know where my friends are?

“Do you know, where are they?” I asked him, I waited for him to answer my question, but he didn’t even answer me.

“Don’t worry Zaylee, if they don’t come back later, we’ll help you find them, okay!” Eliezer said, so I agreed. I know he’s worried too because Ruhan is his friend.

Shmuel stood up, so we all looked at him.

“Let’s go to the cafeteria.” He said we got up because we were hungry. It’s already lunchtime, so of course, we will be really hungry!

We’re already here in the cafeteria and as usual, someone has already delivered food to us. We were eating when Celeste suddenly spoke.

“We don’t have to look for your friends anymore.” She says.

“Huh? Why?” I asked her. Is she mad at me, so she doesn’t want to help me?!

“Because they are already here.” She pointed to my friends’ usual place here in the cafeteria, so I looked over there. My eyes narrowed when I notice they had wounds. What happened to them?