The Date

AN: Hey I'm changing the format of writing and will be using quotation marks instead of italics for dialogue....

Kyoshi went back to her place after her meetings. She was surprised to find Rangi already there combing through her hair in their bathroom. She was humming a tune to a popular fire nation song. Kyoshi tried to sneak up behind her and surprise her but forgot that Rangi was sitting in front of a mirror so she just looked silly as she took quiet hunched over steps towards her girlfriend. "Kyoshi what're you doing" Rangi said seriously because Kyoshi looked possessed. 

Kyoshi jumped forward and started tickling her sides. She threw her comb and tried to rip Kyoshi's hands off of her sensitive sides. "KYOSHIIII" she said while laughing uncontrollably. The Avatar stopped after a few seconds and wrapped her long arms around Rangi while kissing the top of her head. "Sorry topknot I couldn't help myself." Kyoshi said teasingly. "hmph. Not fair. I'll get you back for that." Rangi said completely serious, already plotting her revenge. 

"Now let me get ready for our date." The fire bender finished up with her hair and pulled it into a tight knot on top of her head. She finished her make up with sharp winged eyeliner and dark red lipstick. Kyoshi would not be wearing her battle make up but rather went with a natural tone. She had soft freckles across her face and Rangi loved them. The two finished up and held hands as they walked to the restaurant that looked out over the frozen sea. 

Kyoshi missed moments like this. It seemed that since the battle with Yun that things kept getting in the way of intimate moments alone. She forgot all about Sinna and trauma and injuries as she watched Rangi speak about how her healing was going. "I was cleared for some physical therapy and can start next week. Atuat said we'll start small but if all goes as planned I'll be training my fire bending in a few weeks." Rangi said happily as she was a restless person. "That's so amazing" Kyoshi smiled. "SO does that mean you've been cleared for other physical activities?" Kyoshi said suggestively. "hmmmmm I don't see why not as long as we're careful" Rangi took a sip of her red wine. 

The couple ordered a bottle of wine made from lava berries. They grew in caverns of an active volcano nearby and the heat and minerals gave them excellent flavor. The best wine in the world. Kyoshi was a tall woman but surprisingly a lightweight. Rangi, on the other hand, grew up drinking wine with every meal back in the fire nation and was much more controlled. When Kyoshi started swaying in her chair as she spoke, Rangi knew it might be time to go. The Avatar protested as she was embracing the warm energy of the atmosphere but Rangi insisted since she had other plans that required Kyoshi to not black out. 

Rangi asked for the bill and then slipped away to use the bathroom before they left. As she entered the bathroom she didn't realize a pair of eyes watched her. 

Kyoshi had paid the bill because Rangi was taking a while and the Avatar was getting impatient. "where is she?" she muttered. The Avatar decided to go check on her. She entered the women's bathroom, "Hey Rangi you okay?". She checked all the stalls and no one was in the bathroom. She did notice the window was wide open and the trash can had been knocked over. Her head was spinning from the alcohol but she started to panic. She leaned out the window and noticed a pair of footsteps in the snow and then drops of blood buried in what looked like drag marks. 

"RANGI!!!!!!" 

sorry this is short just wanted to update