Samantha

Sam kicked off her heels as she walked into her suite before walking into her bathroom to run a bath. She wanted desperately to get the hairspray out of her hair. Before she got in she heard a knock on the door and went to open it surprised to see Jeff standing there looking like a sad puppy.

"What's wrong?" Sam asked opening the door wider to let him in.
"Nothing, it's just well I love Daphne, but I don't understand why Beatrice wouldn't let her come to the green room and when I asked why she told me she doesn't trust Daphne," Jefferson said helplessly. Sam pursed her lips, she didn't know why Beatrice didn't like Daphne but she couldn't blame her, Daphne was manipulative.
"Did Beatrice explain why?"
"No she just told me Daphne can't come with us, and she also asked me if there was another person I could take with me as my date," Jeff ran his fingers through his hair "I just don't understand it Daphne is amazing but if Beatrice says something bad about Daphne is it because something is wrong?" Jefferson asked looking worried and uncertain.
"Why would you think that?" Sam asked
"Well Nina has said something about Daphne being manipulative last year, and now Beatrice not trusting her I thought Nina was insecure, but Beatrice doesn't have a reason to be jealous or insecure." He turned his eyes on Sam "what do you think of Daphne?" He asked.

Sam felt torn, she remembered Nina telling her about Daphne canceling her dress order, and leaking the news story, how Daphne pushed Ethan to go out with Nina so she could steal Jeff but, Jeff also love Daphne and if she said something terrible about her, Jeff might not trust Sam either. Carefully she started "Daphne had been known to manipulate a situation" and then she told Jeff about all she had heard and pieced together after each sentence Jeff's face seemed to darken and look more like a kicked puppy.

When he finally spoke it was barley above a whisper "is there a way to figure out if I can trust her? Because..." he trailed off looking around almost nervously. Sam place a comforting hand on her twins shoulder
"We will figure it out, okay," Sam said pulling him into a hug.

The next morning Sam woke up early and decided to talk to Beatrice. Getting dressed she walked to the tennis courts where Beatrice and Teddy played their morning game of tennis. She watched for a few minutes as Teddy and Beatrice rallied against each other laughing when the other missed a shot. When she stepped onto the court and called to Beatrice
"Hey Bee can we talk?" She asked Beatrice nodded and she hit the ball back to Teddy who caught the ball and waved to her and walked to the other side of the court to give them some privacy.
"What's going on?" Beatrice asked whipping the sweat from her brow as she picked up her water bottle and taking a sip.
"Umm well it's about Jeff," Sam paused realizing she didn't know how to bring up the topic "He feels like you don't like Daphne and we were talking about it and now it's like, is there a reason you don't trust Daphne?" Sam finally spit out. Beatrice's face looked shocked and then it was quickly covered up.
"Yes there is a reason, I do not nor will I ever trust Daphne," Beatrice said with vehemence. Sam paused before continuing rarely had sheen Beatrice so annoyed with another person.
"Can you tell me why?" Beatrice sighed and then looked over at Teddy who was hitting a ball back and forth with her Revere Guard.
"She blackmailed me about Connor, she didn't know anything really, but she knew something and used it." After swallowing Beatrice continued "She threatened to tell the Media that I didn't love Teddy and was having an affair" Sam sucked in a sharp breathe. No wonder Beatrice didn't trust Daphne, you weren't supposed to blackmail the queen especially if you were trying to become family.
"You need to tell Jeff" Sam insisted. Beatrice nodded
"I should but I don't want to hurt him by telling him he can't be with her. It would be cruel," Beatrice said.
"He is having doubts, if you tell him,"
"He won't believe me or he will defend her and I want him to figure it out so he realizes it and doesn't blame me or you," Beatrice paused "if you want to try and bait her to see if she leaks information you can tell her me and Teddy set a date for a winter wedding" Beatrice said she was about to walk away and then paused "this stays between us, don't tell Nina or even Marshall" Beatrice said sternly and Sam nodded before Beatrice went back to play tennis with Teddy.