𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏

you woke up in a confused state, still trying to come to your senses and realise what woke you up. as you began to come to, you realised you heard a loud, insistent knocking on your front door. jesus christ, you thought. who would be bothering you this early in the morning? you checked your phone and saw it was 3:54 in the afternoon. oh, you thought. you sat there, unable to move from your bed. the empty, painful feeling keeping you chained underneath the blanket. you felt helpless, unable to do something as simple as getting out of your bed to answer your door.

it had been a week and a half already since your last shower. you worked from home, making it easy to use your laptop while still under the security of your blanket, so there was that still going for you. you haven't been eating or drinking properly, not on purpose, you just couldn't get up hardly ever.

lost in your own thoughts, you didn't even notice that the knocking had stopped. instead, you heard footsteps around your apartment and a particular voice calling out "y/n?"

you could hear your close friend, corpse, walking throughout the apartment trying to find you. you tried to speak up, but your voice felt dry and pained. instead, you said nothing and waited for him to find you. only about half a minute later did he finally turn the handle to your bedroom and push open the door. "y/n?" you usually hated your name but from him it sounded nice. comfortable even. you heard the flip of a switch and winced as the light illuminated the room, pulling the blanket over your head.

"y/n, wh- are you okay?" his voice seemed worried and panicked. he walked over to the edge of the bed you were positioned towards, slowly and gently peeling the blanket away from your face. slowly, as your eyes adjusted, you took in his features. he was showered, you could tell. he was up and active. he was very obviously not chained to his bed as you were. it made you feel ashamed and pathetic.

you slowly nodded, your voice coming out hoarse and dehydrated as you spoke, "m' okay." you could see him looking at your hair and at your face, neither of which were in a hygienic state.

"one of those times, isn't it?" you slowly look away and nodded, shame and embarrassment flooding your mind and cause your heart to sink. "i came over because i got worried. you hadn't responded to anyone for almost a week."

"i'm sorry for worrying you, corpse... just haven't been able to do barely anything recently."

"i understand y/n, don't worry."

he stood there for a little while, looking as though he was pondering something. out of nowhere, he wrapped his arms around you, you thought for a hug, but instead he picked you up with only slight struggle because of the way he had to do it.

"corpse, please, i just wanna rest," you said.

"you can, don't worry, i've got it all under control."

you slowly relaxed in his arms. he was warm; you liked the protective way he held you. you wanted him to hold you like this forever. eyes closed, warm, strong arms supporting you, you wanted to hold on to the security and bliss you felt. you could hear doors opening and lights being turned on, but you didn't mind. soon enough, you were sat on something. it felt cold, and you slowly rolled your head on your shoulders and opened your eyes to see you were in your shower, sat on the low counter where you set your products. corpse stepped back a bit, turning around before speaking awkwardly.

"i'm gonna help you, don't worry, but you can cover yourself up first."

you slowly nodded even though he couldn't see you. you carefully slipped the loose shorts you were wearing off of your body along with your oversized sweatshirt that had belonged to your brother before he gave it to you. you weren't wearing anything underneath, so you quickly crossed your legs and covered your chest with your arms.

"i-i'm done," you said, nervous.

he slowly turned around and was very good about not looking as he approached you. he carefully turned on the shower head, asking you over and over if it was okay as he kept adjusting. finally it was set at the perfect temperature and he helped you gather your hair so that he could wash it.

"you really don't need to do this you know."

"i know i don't have to, y/n."

"don't you find it weird that i'm naked right now and you're washing my hair?"

"i don't mind that you're naked, that's not my focus. my focus is helping you so you feel fresher and you're healthier."

you mentally awed. you had always known that your friend was sweet, but never knew he was this sweet. as soon as he finished soaking and washing your hair, he conditioned it and rinsed it a final time. as he did so, you were staring at the gray chrome tone of your shower walls. he turned around to let you wash the rest of your body, and when you were done, he turned off the water and grabbed you a towel. he helped wrap you up, following the action by once again scooping you off your feet and carrying you back to your bedroom.

"here, what do you want to wear? i'll grab it for you, you can sit down."

you sat down on the bed and hesitantly pointed at him.

"me?"

"your sweatshirt..."

he looked down and realisation walked over him as he giggled. he took off his sweatshirt and pulled it over your head before you let the towel fall to your floor now that you were covered.

"wait here doll, i'll go get you something to eat and drink."

he walked out of the room. you waited a while patiently, checking your phone and responding back to friends who had been concerned. about ten minutes passed when he finally came back in with a small bowl of instant ramen.

you smiled at him, thanking him as you took the bowl and began eating. you hadn't had much of an appetite, but you knew he wasn't gonna leave without you eating. he helped you stand up and move over to the soft beanbag chair that you had in the corner of the room.

he began picking up dirty clothes, occasionally asking you if something was clean or not. you were so grateful for him, you looked up at him with pure admiration. soon, your room was clean and your bed was made. dishes were in the dishwasher being cleaned, your kitchen was clean, you had drank some water, and you felt a lot better. you even managed to brush your teeth and wash your face.

"how do you feel?"

"so grateful, corpse..."

"we all have our bad times." he smiled and looked down at me. his brown, curly hair falling over his eyes. you slowly stood up and walked towards him, wrapping your arms around his torso and hugging him tight. your cheek rested on his shoulder, and he hugged you gladly in return.

you slowly looked up and met eyes with him. you stood on your tippy-toes while gripping the back of his shirt, faces getting closer, and he knew what you were carefully going for. you were nervous and it was evident. he knew you were going slow to see if he was okay with it, so he leaned down and met you, your lips meeting together in a sweet kiss. it was quick, a second or two at most, but you definitely enjoyed it.

he smiled at you and you simply hugged him again.

"thank you, corpse."

"anything for you, doll."

~~~

oof i need this right now