P.P.D.C

Pan Pacific Defence Corpse

+++

Warnings: Year 2027

"He was bigger than all the rest. Even bigger than Cherno, and Cherno is the largest jaeger here, or so I thought."

+++

Today is my first day at the Moyulan Shatterdome. This place is were the best pilots work. Raleigh Becket, Mako Mori, Herc Hansen, you name it! Any big time pilot works here, and I just so happen to become one of them. When the war reached its first peak, they had high schoolers take these tests. They were digital and they worked our minds. Of course, they were completely different from regular tests and finals. It was a whole day worth test. It was and is indescribable. I can't even describe it to someone without it not being accurate.

I remember after freshman year, I got a notice that I could become a pilot for the P.P.D.C. Of course it was optional, but coming from a girl who grew up knowing the Beckets, this was an honor and a must. Of course my parents were against it at first. They didn't want their daughter to die. However when they found out that if I said yes, I was to be the first and possibly only single pilot who would have no side effects? They accepted it. But the downside was that I lost many friends. I used to have the biggest group of friends ever! I mean right now I am friends with over 20 people, and that is really big. But I was friends with almost 50 people. Unfortunately, those who left thought negatively about Jaegers. They thought all they do is cause destruction.

Destruction? Yes, but for what cost? It is for the cost of our race to continue living. Everyday those pilots are risking their lives to keep billions of more people alive. That is why I am doing this. I don't want my friends or family to die. I don't want the world I live in to be destroyed by aliens from another universe.

Anyways, the helicopter I am in has been so quiet for the past few hours. It really is just me, my luggage, the pilot, and co pilot. I came from the Bay Area in California. Moyulan is on the other side of the world. Yep, pretty far. At least it would be worth it. I get to see Yancy and Raleigh again. Usually family friends would be like our "Aunts" or "Uncles", but to me, they are more like my brothers. Well, Yancy more than Raleigh. Raleigh and me have more of that friendship where we are so close, we act as though we are siblings to each other when we actually don't view each other in that way. It is pretty complicated.

I looked out of the window and saw the shatterdome come into view. After about 15 more minutes, we land. I got out and grabbed my luggage.

"Gipsy Collins?" A woman's voice asked.

"That is me," I reply while turning around, but not looking up.

"So you are the new single pilot?" A new voice said, this time it was male.

"Yes—" I started as I looked up, but I was met with a blonde I haven't seen in ages.

"Yancy!"

"Hey squirt!" He smiled.

"I'm not a kid no more, old man," I said while hugging him.