Simulation

Simulation

+++

Warnings:

"Get ready for the drop."

+++

I woke up to loud banging on the door.

"Wake up Danger! You're doing the simulation today!"

"Ok I'm up! Let me get ready! God, Yancy, you're like an alarm. Ever since I was little sheesh."

I heard someone laugh. Raleigh's laugh.

"I'm the one with an alarm? This guy woke me up for a battle and he was already halfway dressed and the alarms literally just went off!" Yancy argued.

I open the door and we head over to the simulation. I stopped off by the drive suit room first to get into gear. It was an exact replica of Alpha Black. The helmet didn't have a physical covering, it was more technologically advanced. I walked into the simulation room with my helmet between my side and arm.

"Cadets, this is Ranger Collins. The first ever single pilot. She will be showing you how to work the simulation. Let her be an example of what you are building up to." Lieutenant Lambert spoke.

"But she is a single pilot. Not that that is a bad thing, but how does she relate to our training?" A blonde woman said.

"I can connect with another pilot, but it could only be for so long," I stated. "After a while, the neural handshake would start to collapse because I become so fast, the other pilot can't comprehend what is happening."

"She is like you. The only difference is she doesn't exactly need a partner."

I step into the simulation and get ready. I place the helmet on my head. I can see everything, but nobody could see my face unless I wanted them to.

"Neural handshake commencing," the AI spoke.

"Get ready for the drop."

And that is what happened. I steady myself for impact and bended at the knees to help stable myself. Once I got up, I looked around the city I was in. I didn't quite recognize it, but I did recognize the trail of destruction left by a Kaiju.

"What Cat?" I asked.

"4," I heard Marshal say.

I walked on the trail and looked around trying to find any evidence of a Kaiju. Then I heard a roar. I turned around and saw it.

"Code name?"

"Mutivore," Herc said.

I charged straight at it and jumped up. I punched it in its face and rolled away. As I got back up, I activated tasers. Electricity ran along my fist, well the jaeger's fist. When Mutivore charged, I pulled my fist back then sent it flying. Mutivore was pushed back, letting out a pained growl. I activated my sword and charged at the Kaiju. When I was close enough, I stabbed it through its chest and held its face. I deactivated my sword and knocked the kaiju down till it was kneeling. I opened its mouth and shot a photon blast (Think Captain Marvel) down its throat, killing the kaiju.