Chapter 21

Mason believed the words his dad had said. He confronted me and cussed me out to the point I was on the floor bawling. My biggest fears were happening all over again. Just as I was letting all them blocks of my wall down, it gets ruined again. I felt like my heart was cracking and it was horrible I hated the feeling of being helpless. There was nothing more to be done with this situation except to grow up and move on.

I woke up with a start as warm tears ran down my face. I looked over at the clock and seen that it was 7am. Mason was beside me and looking at me worriedly. "You're crying again, what's wrong?" He asked and wiped my tears.

"It was just a stupid nightmare." I shrug it off.

"Tell me what it was about." He pushed. I knew he wouldn't stop until I told him so I gave him a simple answer.

"You." I state and stare at the wall as I remember it.

"What about me?" He pushes farther and I break.

"You believed your father and then told me to get lost. Rumors were started up and my heart felt like it was breaking. There was sharp pains just stabbing into my heart as I tried to breath and keep walking."

"Aves." He whispers and pulls me to his chest as his fingers find my hair and he runs his fingers through it. "He's just upset right now. He will come around to it. I asked if you were alright. I should've known it affected you especially when you left dinner and then was crying. God I'm sorry Avery. I really am and I know that your not that kind of girl."

"Mase, I'd never ask you to buy me anything. I have enough money saved up that I can buy me my own stuff." I say through sniffles.

"You don't even have to ask me, that's just what I do for people that I like. I'd buy you anything you ever needed." He tells me.

"I don't want you buying anything else. I'm not having this guilty feeling every time something like this happens. I'll buy my own stuff." I tell him.

"I'll try, if that's what you want I will try for you." He tells me. "Oh and about the first part of your dream, I'm not going anywhere or believing someone else. Layla's my first and right now you are my second."

"I'm not going to go anywhere either." I state because some reason I felt the need to.

"Have I broke your walls down yet?" Mason asks and I laugh.

"You're working on the last one." I tell him with a small smile on my face.

"Will you ever say yes to being my girlfriend?" He asks back with a lazy smile and I can't help but to grin to myself.

"Will you ever ask me to be your girlfriend?" I ask back.

"I want to wait until you're ready." He says to me and I smile.

"It's been a month or more since we had this conversation. Since then, you've been by my side through every run to the bathroom, the ultrasound, and your always there to comfort my hormonal ass that is a bit bipolar. You've destroyed my walls faster than I would have liked you too." I admit to him.

"So if I ask you right now what would you say?" He asks but I don't speak since I'm grinning so hard. "Avery Reyes, will you be my girlfriend?"

"I think I've made you wait long enough so yes, Mason Coleman, I will be your girlfriend." I tell him with a smile and it mirrors back to me with his reaction. His lips meet mine and we enter a heated make out session.

"Damn Avery, I've been wanting to do that for so long." He says and I just laugh.

"We have, a couple of times." I point out.