Chapter 16

>>Chapter 16

>>Chapter 16. I should've<<

I winced as my eyes met the bright light. With time, my eyesight seems to adjust as I can now see properly. I look around in confusion and spot Willow sitting beside me. I try to speak but my dry throat doesn't allow me to.

I place my heavy hands on Willow's shoulders and lightly shake her. She stirs a little and eventually opens her eyes. "Liliana?" She sleepily asks, my lips lightly curl up as her eyes widen. "Liliana!" She repeats, this time louder.

I place my hand over my throat in an attempt to ask for water. Willow seems to get it as she takes a water bottle from the floor. She unscrews the top and hands it to me. My hands reach for the bottle and grab onto it, when Willow lets go of it I realize how heavy it is.

I don't remember it being this heavy...

"Do you remember anything?" She asks me with a frown, I bring the bottle over my lips and start gulping the cold liquid down. I scrunch my brows in confusion as I try to recall what happened. When the memories finally come back, my first instinct is to look at my thigh. "I guess you do" she lets out a humorless chuckle.

"W-where are we?" I manage to ask her, she lets out a small smile before answering.

"The hospital" she replies, my eyes scan the room quickly as I nod. On a chair I spot a dark blue hoodie. It's Pierce's. "He's in the cafeteria" she chuckles, "he's been a mess since we got here" she quickly adds.

"Oh..." Is all I can seem to let out. A million questions seem to run through my mind as Willow stands up, she gives me a smile before leaving to get the doctor.

Who called them?

Why is he a mess?

Why was Willow here?

Doesn't she hate me?

Where are we?

Are we still in the mountains?

My questions seem to stop the moment the doctor walks through the door, he starts asking me some simple questions and decides to wait for my grandparents to answer mine.

Moments later, my grandpa walks through the big wooden door with my grandma in his arms. "Princesa" he whispers as his eyes fill with tears.

"Hey" I say as I let out a soft smile, his smile widen and they both walk towards me. My grandma grabs my hand before looking at the ceiling and thanking God.