36. The Woman Who Killed The Doctor

AURORA HAD RARELY BEEN THIS UPSET AT SOMEONE. This angry. She thrashes around, trying to break the thing around her wrist, anything. But nothing works. Of course, the Doctor would have known she'd try to get out. And she didn't exactly leave him a choice. She did say she'd destroy time and space to save him. She takes in a shaky breath and wipes tears of frustration from her face with her free hand.

From the corner of her eyes, she notices the scanner. Well, if she can't prevent it — as of now — she can watch what happens and pinpoint the moment she'll have to come back in time to, to save him. She stretches to reach it and pulls it towards her. She taps on the screen a few times before it shows her what's happening outside.

And she's not sure she likes it. River is crying in pain as a bright beam catches her, coming from... Amy's mouth? She missed a whole ten minutes, what happened?

"No! No!" River is screaming. "Get off me!"

"Sorry, did you say she killed the Doctor?" The voice makes Amy stop. Is it Amy? Who cares, she just stops hurting River. It seems closer to the TARDIS, and Aurora immediately recognizes it. She debates screaming at the door, but knows that the noise will be muffled. "The Doctor? Doctor who?"

Oh, and he just has to be dramatic, doesn't he. He's going to die but look at him, mister all dramatics.

River stares at him, in shock, while Amy barely even moves. "You're dying and you stopped to change?" At least River is somewhat sane enough to know how stupid it looks.

"Oh, you should always waste time when you don't have any. Time is not the boss of you. You make time." He snaps at the TARDIS as he casually walks to River and Amy. "Rule 408, I said earlier." Does he know I'm watching? Knowing him, he probably does. Even counted on it. "Amelia Pond, judgment death machine. Why am I not surprised?" His cane opens at the top. "Sonic cane."

River rolls her eyes. "Are you serious?"

Aurora sighs for herself. That is his serious face. "Never knowingly. Never knowingly be serious." He points at the TARDIS again. "Rule 27. You might want to write these down. "

Aurora hates how he's trying to give her disguised advice. He's so convinced he's going to die, he didn't even consider the fact that Aurora won't let him. Except when he tries to stop her from doing so. She stares at the screen blankly. That's why he trapped her here, inside the TARDIS. Because he knew how far she'd go to save him.

"Oh, it's a robot." The Doctor's voice shocks her out of her teary daze. He sonics Amy. "With four hundred and twenty three life signs inside. A robot worked by tiny people. Love it. But how do you all get in there, though? Bigger on the inside?" He looks at his cane. "No, basic miniaturization, sustained by a compression field. Oooh. Watch what you eat, it'll get you every time. Amy, if you and Rory are okay, signal me."

Aurora waits for what seems ages, before the can lights up in green. "Thank god," she breathes out.

"Thanking you." He suddenly screams in pain, making her shudder. He crawls to the stairs, and Aurora starts yanking on her wrist again. "Argh! I'm so sorry. Leg went to sleep. Just had a quick left leg power nap. I forgot I had one scheduled. Actually, better sit down. I think I heard the right one yawning." He looks back to the TARDIS, sharply. "Aurora stops yanking on your wrist, you'll hurt yourself."

She huffs. "I hate you."

"No you don't."

River takes her chance and starts to make a run for it, but the Amy robot grabs her with its beam. A shriek of panic escapes Aurora's lips as River is trapped in an energy field. "No!"