02: big news

10.13.2020 ♔
seoul, south korea

[ MIA'S POV ]

his voice rang in my ear, my own music couldn't even drown it out.

"yah can you shut the fuck up?!" stella said to him, angered.

i then felt his figure move away from me, figuring that he sat behind me... i couldn't care less.

*TIME SKIP*

speed walking out of the classroom, stella finally caught up with me as i leaned against the wall to catch my breath.

"girl you need to tell me what's going on. who was that?" stella asked.

"i'll tell you soon, i promise" i said.

stella crouched down next to me and rubbed my back attempting to calm me down. after a few minutes we both stood up.

"c'mon i'll walk you to your class, i don't want you to be late because of me" i said with a reassuring smile.

after walking stella to class, i used the long way to walk towards the library to clear my head. the cold breeze hitting me as i couldn't stop think about what happened. his face not leaving my mind. i hated it. thinking i was finally free from his existence, i was proved wrong. i shook my head and let the music distract me, as i slowly zone out. that's when i ended up tripping on a crack in the sidewalk and was about to hit the pavement, when a strong figure caught me from falling. i slowly opened my eyes to see an unfamiliar face. quickly getting up i dusted myself off.

"hey are you okay?" he asked.

"a- ah i'm okay," i stuttered. "i'm sorry about that, thank you for saving me from a near-death experience,"

"oh no worries, i'm yohan by the way. i'm one of the transfer students," he said letting out his hand.

i took his hand and introduced myself as well. we both were heading the same direction and decided to get to know each other, finding out he was the same major as me.

arriving at the library, we both sat down and decided to just relax as it was really early in the semester to have any homework. i then felt my phone buzz, it was a text message.

*message from hao oppar 🌚*

hao oppar 🌚: lunch?

me: okieeee, a friend of mine is joining too

me: we're in the library!

hao oppar 🌚: sounds gud :^) omw

*VERY BIG TIME SKIP*

finally arriving home, i rushed into my room and turned on my pc. today was the day me and stella would receive the email about our internship. praying for some good news. constantly refreshing my inbox, i finally got a notification.

"holy shit it's SM" i whispered to myself. i was too scared to open the email. putting on my big girl pants, i clicked on it, as it read...

" Greetings Mia,

We're emailing you this evening to congratulate you as you have been selected for the 2020-2021 internship program at the marketing branch at SM ENTERTAINMENT... "

yes... i did it... i got in oh em gee.

i got up screaming in excitement, jumping on my bed. hearing my door swing open, revealing a very happy stella.

"YOU GOT IN?!?!"

"YES!!! OH EM GEE DID YOU?!?!?"

"YESSS AHHH!!!"

we both somehow ended up on my bed, jumping and hugging each other in excitement.

"yah you know what this calls for... DRINKS!" i shouted.

"honey... we have class tomorrow..." stella said, disappointed.

"okay and? i'm gonna text the boys to come over." i argued back.

THE BOYS 🗣️🥶🔥💸

me: HELLO

me: EVERYONE

me: ATTENTION

me: COME TO ME AND STELLA'S APARTMENT.

me: we're drinking 😏

minghao: what's the occasion?

jacob: wish i could, but i have my chem lecture tomorrow morning

me: ewww biochem major

jacob: shut yo' marketing major ass up

matthew: YESSS DRINKS FUCK YEA

stella: i better see no throw-up on my floor again 😒

matthew: ... whattttt

donggeon: it sounds major, soju or beer?

me: bring both 😈

minghao: not it on mia drunk patrol

donggeon: i mean... it's mia AND stella's place soooooo

stella: yes sir i'll watch her 🙂

matthew: i'll bring some of my liquor stash 😎

me: even better rehehehe

turning off my phone, me and stella headed towards our kitchen and got out all the alcohol we had in the apartment, which was mainly just soju and some hard seltzers. hearing a knock on the door, donggeon was the first to arrive. the rest of the boys then arrived one by one and we started opening the soju right away.

"okay but really though, what's the occasion?" minghao asked us.

me and stella looked at each other, smirking. looking back and forth between us and the boys, we slowly counted down,

"WE GOT THE INTERNSHIP!!" we yelled out at the same time, raising our drinks in the air.

the boys jumped up in excitement.

"YESSS, NOW THAT'S SOMETHING TO DRINK TO!" matthew let out.

we all agreed and clinked our drinks together, drinking and enjoying the night before the big day.