03: new beginnings

10.15.2020 ♔
seoul, south korea

[ MIA'S POV ]

i woke up to the sound of my blaring alarm and immediately got up. to be honest, i was barely able to sleep as the adrenaline kept me awake the whole night. quickly going through my morning routine, i rushed out of my room to see... no one. confused, i went over to stella room to see her still sleeping.

"and yet i alway get yelled at for waking up late," i whispered to myself.

finding a pillow nearby, i took the chance to attack her with it to wake her up.

"GOOD MORNING GET YOUR ASS UP!" i yelled out, as i quickly ran out of the room before she could attack me back.

*TIME SKIP TO THE SM BUILDING*

quickly getting off the bus, we both stopped to admire the SM building.

"we're here. we're officially SM interns," stella said to me, with a proud look.

"our dreams really came true," i said (author: no pun intended... lol)

holding each other's hands in excitement and nervousness, we walked inside the building with our heads held high. arriving at the front desk, we were then escorted to the office we'll be working at for the next couple months by the staff. the staff then left to let us take a break and settle down. we were then interrupted by two tall male figures.

"ah hello, i'm johnny and this jaehyun. we're apart of the group NCT and we were told to show you guys around the building," the first guy- well johnny introduced.

we both waved to them and introduced ourselves. with no further questions we then followed them around the building, starting the tour.

[ STELLA'S POV ]

the four of us arrived at the cafe and it was honestly quite beautiful. mia and johnny went to order their drinks since me and jaehyun already ordered, leaving jaehyun and i behind. not gonna lie, it was pretty awkward.

"so... how are you liking your first day?" jaehuyn asked, breaking the silence.

"ah well you know... a typical first day, but it was nice to get a tour of the building so thank you." i said with a soft smile.

he then smiled back at me, showing off his cute dimples. yes, they were cute you cannot argue with that (author: oh honey we know). we then continued talking and getting to know each other when we were then interrupted by a loud voice.

"TWO ICE AMERICANOS FOR JAEHYUN!!" the cafe worker called out.

jaehuyn quickly went over to retrieve our drinks and walked back over. both johnny and jaehyun treated us to drinks even though we refused the offer, as we felt bad.

"well, that concludes our little tour. i hope we'll work together during the time you guys are here," johnny said to us as we made it back to the marketing office.

jaehyun then interrupted, "do you guys mind exchanging numbers?"

"ahh no we don't mind," mia said as she handed her phone to johnny. i did the same to jaehyun.

with the both of us getting their numbers, we then said goodbye to them and went back to our desks. i then received a text...

*text from NCT jaehyun*

NCT jaehyun: hi it's jaehyun

NCT jaehyun: i didn't get to say this, but i hope to see you again soon :^) welcome to SM!

*contact name changed to dimple cutie 🥟*

not being able to help it, i smile at my phone like an idiot.

*TIME SKIP*
[ MIA'S POV ]

"and... send," i whispered to myself as i finally finished my last task of the day.

getting up to stretch, i realized it was already dark and everyone left the office. dang even my own bestie left. seeing the time was 1am, i then gathered my things and headed out. as i was walking out, i heard loud music blaring in the distance. with my curiosity getting the best of me, i decided to take a look. looking in, i saw a male figure dancing with everything he had. due to his mask, i couldn't really tell who it was. the music then stopped and the guy then sat down on the floor. staring at the water bottle in my head, i decided to head in... well, sneak in to give it to him since he needed it more than me. finally making it inside, i walked up to him, placing the water bottle next to him.

"seems like you need this more than me. don't overwork yourself, okay?"

not getting a response back, i then left him in the room and left the building. since it was pretty late, i wasn't able to take the bus so walking home was my only option.

[ AUTHOR'S POV ]

as mia was walking home, a tall male figure was watching her without her knowing. the male figure then hid by a bush nearby, watching the girl enter her apartment garage.

"i found you love. time to take you back," he whispered to himself, with a smirk plastered on his face.

_______________________________
❀ comment and vote ily <33 — author pham