↠ Cheated ↞

Can we skip the part where you look in my eyes and tell me you apologize?

Luke locked his phone, sighing. Calum was out and was supposed to be home any minute, but Luke didn't want him home. Luke wanted him to leave. He never wanted to see his face ever again.

So when the front door opened, Luke was ready. He stood up, walking over to the hallway where Calum was taking off his shoes, and stood there, crossing his arms.

"Oh, hey babe," Calum smiled, stepping closer to him. The brunet reached out for him, but Luke took a step back, just out of reach. Calum's face fell. "Babe?"

"Don't call me that," Luke said sharply. "Where were you?"

"I told you, I went to see some friends at the pub-"

"No, Calum. I want the truth."

Calum's eyes flickered, but he just shrugged. "I am telling you the truth."

"Oh yeah?" Luke asked, raising his eyebrows. "So that's why I've got a photo here from Michael of you and some other guy making out... In a restaurant, might I add."

"Babe, it's not me," Calum pleaded, but Luke wasn't buying it.

"I'm pretty sure no one has the exact same tattoos as you," Luke pointed out, watching Calum's upcoming arguments fall flat.

Calum bit at his lips, mustering up the most pitiful puppy dog face. "But babe... I'm sorry. I didn't- I'll never do it again. It was on the spur of the moment! I promise you, I was only thinking about you."

"You're pathetic," Luke spat. "This is the second time, Calum!"

"But I love you! Only you!" Calum argued, reaching out to take Luke's wrist, but Luke recoiled, shaking his head.

"This isn't going to change my mind, Calum," he sighed, before scoffing, running a hand through his quiff. "You never loved me."

"That's not true," Calum argued, but Luke just sighed.

"This could never last forever. Who the hell was I kidding?"

Calum took a step closer to Luke, but Luke took yet another step back, fire burning in his eyes. "Lukey, please," he begged. "I'll change! I promise you! One more chance is all I need, Luke."

Luke shook his head, his jaw clenched and his eyes serious. "No. You fooled me once with that trick, and I let you come home. But you're not fooling me twice. I want you out of the house within the next half hour."

"Please," Calum begged, tears in his eyes. "Please, Luke, I love only you. Those other guys didn't mean a thing to me."

"Then why did you do it?!" Luke snapped, finally losing his temper. "You're so full of shit, Calum, and I'm done with it. I'm letting you go."

"Luke..."

"No, I've said what I had to," Luke stated firmly. "You cheated, now you pay the price. I don't ever want to see your face again."

Calum opened his mouth to argue, but Luke just sighed. "Goodbye, Calum."

And with that, Luke headed back to the living room. He heard Calum sigh and walk down the hall to the bedroom they once shared. He heard Calum's searching and packing, and he willed himself not to cry. This was his own fault. He should've left Calum the first time this happened. But no, instead he welcomed him back in with open arms, believing his lies about changing and about loving him. Luke knew Calum could never love him, not the way Luke loved him.

Finally, he heard the bedroom door open once again, and Calum's footsteps approaching the living room door. He was standing in the doorway, but Luke refused to look at him. "Can I- Can I get a last kiss?"

Luke looked down, shaking his head, before looking at Calum. "You don't deserve one."

"Fair enough," Calum mumbled, before disappearing down the hall to put his shoes on. Luke held his breath until he heard the front door open and a, "Goodbye, Luke. I'm so sorry" being whispered. When the door closed, he let go of the breath, and curled into himself on the couch, trying hard not to cry.

He failed, but it was alright. He knew this would be the last time Calum would make him cry, so he let it happen.