𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

June 14th

I remember seeing a rainbow on our way to your place from the grocery store. You told me some story about rainbows- a story your mother told you and I remember being so focused on you. Every word you spoke was a string luring me closer and closer to the trap that was you.

But I didn't see it like that. Not then.

You didn't talk about your personal life much. I mean you knew about my father, closest friends and even a few future plans. But you didn't share those things with me.

I wanted to ask but I also didn't want to pry.

We talked about a lot of things. You'd asked me why I was studying medicine and I went into a whole rant about how much the world needed nurses. You laughed at my enthusiasm but listened anyway. One hand on the wheel and the other intertwined with mine.

"Solar," I begin as you held on to me.

We were dancing again. We did that a lot. To me, it seemed like you were your most vulnerable like this.

Slowly, we waltzed across your living room.

Bitter Sweet Symphony was playing on your record player. It was your favorite song, mine too. We bonded over that.

"Yes love?"

"Tell me about you." I knew I'd said I didn't want to pry but I also wanted more. Of you. I wanted to know who and why you were. All of you.

I felt you sigh against my shoulder. I feared you pulling away so I recanted the question. I also apologized if i seemed too intrusive.

"No, don't apologize. I was born in Boston, and that's where my parents raised me. Ugh," you struggled with your words. I felt bad. Liked I'd forced you into a past you seemed bent on forgetting.

You were a wanderer after all.

When you pulled away, you kept your arms around me. Your next words would plunge us both into galaxies edge and nebulas touch.

"You make me happy."

I kissed you.

At first it was soft and like a blackhole, we sunk deep into nothingness.

Our bodies were stars, burning brightly under the dim lights. Limbs tangled overtop the soft plush carpet, in front of the fire place that had since burned out.

Too wrapped up in your touch, I'd forgotten all about the markings given to me by my father in his moments of pain. The bruises on me were reminders that he was drowning and trying to take me down with him.

I never wanted you to see them.
Never wanted you to witness how disgusting I was underneath.

But when your lips danced across my heated skin, you kissed them.

Each one.

I gasped softly, "Solar."

"You're beautiful," you told me as the moons light caressed you.

"I'm not."

"You're more than beautiful." You said. "You're ethereal. You are what poetry tries to achieve. You are the stars in the sky at dusk."