𝐬𝐢𝐱

August 21st

You held me tightly in your arms.

I called you after my father did away with me. I could barely get the words passed my lips but you didn't need me to be clear. You knew.

"Hold on, I'm coming to get you."

You stormed my home and rushed towards the sounds of my sobs. I was too weak to get up, to bruised, to torn so without a second word you lifted me up and took me to your car.

"You can't ever go back there love, you can't."

You were right, but I didn't want to talk about him. I couldn't escape what he'd done to me- so when I was with you, I didn't want to be elsewhere.

Body, mind and soul. All with you.

I can't remember falling asleep, but I distinctly remember waking up.

You hand let me go, not once. Your fingers trailed my body softly, the ache was there but you soothed it.

I lifted my head and placed my hand on your face. "Hi."

You didn't respond verbally. Instead, you kissed my forehead. Then each eye lid, my nose, my cheeks, jaw and then my lips.

Oh how loved I felt.

"Should I tell you about my mother?" I nod, a light smile making its way onto my lips. "She was a baker. Back home in Boston she had a bakery and she'd let me work there every weekend. We bonded over our sweet tooths and we found so many things to talk about. She was my solace."

"She sounds beautiful," I say.

"She was. She died when I was 18."

My mouth fell gape. I didn't expect it.

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

You shook your head and moved a stray curl from my head behind my ear. "She would've liked you."

"You think so?"

"I know so."

A silence fell over us then.
The type of silence old lovers are fond of.

Deep into the night, around midnight I woke up to get a drink of water but you weren't in bed. When I went searching for you, I found you standing on your balcony.

The wind blew against the shirt you gave me to wear. It was cold and I could feel goosebumps rise against my skin as I went to meet you.

"You need to understand something about me." You said as I approached. You felt my presence.

"What?"

"I can't stay still."